DVDVR Message Board

The 2014 NBA Finals

Dolfan in NYC

Not in a loss. You only the a "whatever game" if you win and Lebron's going to need to drop 60 for that to happen.

60, *if* someone clubs Leonard and Diaw in the knees.

So how soon after the finals do the heat/Lebron announce an injury?

Not for nothing, but Spoelstra has got to learn not to play LeBron so much in the regular season.  He coddled Wade at the expense of LeBron somewhat--STUPID. The cramping/bathroom breaks seem like a sign of someone who's just plain tired and overworked.  And he's still the only Heat player who gives a damn.

I didn't get a chance to see the game except through scoreboard updates, but judging from the score, this game doesn't need a long analysis.

The Spurs just look flat out better than the Heat, especially these past two games.  People have been hesitant about it but I think we're all there now.

There's a good chance that if the Spurs shoot better from the strip in Game 2 that this would have been a sweep. They only lost by two points & they shot 60% from the FT line. The Spurs look dominate & the Heat look old & tired.

I felt pretty confident the Spurs would win game 3, and fairly handily at that.  Desperate, needing the win, etc etc.  I made the prediction on here and everything.

If I had a made a pick for game 4 it would have been "Miami in a blow-out."  I thought they'd come out on fire and ready to even it up after getting embarrassed the other day.

I did not see "even more thorough ass-whipping" on the agenda.

This is veering into 2004 territory though, where all the talk was on why the Lakers lost, and the Pistons winning was all but completely ignored.  Lets give the Spurs credit.  They are playing sublime offense, and fucking unreal defense.  To hold that Miami offense under 100 for 4 straight games is amazing.  The Heat might have some issues (Mario Chalmers) and some guys struggling (Mario Chalmers) but first and foremost, this is about the Spurs handing out an ass-whipping.

I actually thought the Heat hanged in there better than I initially thought they would in the first two games in San Antonio, but only when (and this is important) Lebron was on the floor.  Now the Spurs have adjusted and Pop is basically asking anyone else from the Heat to beat them.

Edited by _MJ_