DVDVR Message Board

1980s AWA Viewing Deadline - UPDATED OCTOBER 13TH

goodhelmet

Congrats to Lee for being the other voter to get the top two matches correct

Thanks Dylan!  Those two matches really stood out.  I also have to recognize Gary Derusha (sp?) for his heroic efforts at the end of the Blackwell - Hansen match.  That was amazing and insane.

Turned my ballot in a week ago. Overall a good set with some real good cage matches.

Top 25

1.Jerry Blackwell & Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie vs. High Flyers (Cage Match) (4/18/82)2.Nick Bockwinkel vs. Curt Hennig (11/21/86)3.Crusher Blackwell & Sheik Adnan Kaissey vs. Baron Von Raschke & Mad Dog Vachon (Taped Fist Match) (3/13/83)4.Nick Bockwinkel vs. Wahoo McDaniel (8/28/83)5.Buddy Rose & Doug Somers vs. Midnight Rockers (8/30/86)6.Buddy Rose & Doug Somers vs. Midnight Rockers (Cage Match) (1/17/87)7.Buddy Rose & Doug Somers vs. Midnight Rockers (Cage Match) (12/25/86)8.Ken Patera, Jesse Ventura& Bobby Heenan vs. Hulk Hogan & High Flyers (3/13/83)9.Da Crusher & Greg Gagne vs. Crusher Blackwell & Sheik Adnan Kaissey (Cage Match) (3/25/84)10.King Tonga, Masked Superstar, & Sheik Adnan Kaissey vs. Crusher Blackwell & Sgt. Slaughter (Cage Match) (4/21/85)11.Stan Hansen vs. Crusher Blackwell (6/28/86)12.Jerry Lawler vs. Curt Hennig (7/16/88)13.Wahoo McDaniel vs. Manny Fernandez (Strap Match) (12/13/88)14.East-West Connection vs. High Flyers (Cage Match) (3/22/81)15.Hulk Hogan vs. Mr. Saito (8/28/83)16.Stan Hansen vs. Nick Bockwinkel (4/20/86)17.Wahoo McDaniel vs. Curt Hennig (12/27/87)18.Tito Santana & Rick Martel vs. High Flyers (8/29/82)19.Nick Bockwinkel vs. Mad Dog Vachon (11/24/83)20.Bill Dundee & Jerry Lawler vs. Original Midnight Express (10/30/87)21.Nick Bockwinkel vs. Rick Martel (9/20/84)22.Nick Bockwinkel vs. Ric Flair (1/17/86)23.Stan Hansen vs. Leon White (3/13/86)24.Stan Hansen vs. Curt Hennig (5/31/86)25.Big John Studd & Jerry Blackwell vs. High Flyers (2/20/81)

Bottom 10

140.Buddy Rose & Doug Somers vs. Jesse Hernandez & Leon White (5/1/86)141.Larry Zbyszko vs. Nikita Koloff (11/18/89) 142.Adrian Adonis vs. Hulk Hogan (10/17/82)143.Rick Martel vs. Jimmy Garvin (3/7/85) 144.Nick Bockwinkel vs. Hulk Hogan (4/18/82)145.Sherri Martel vs. Debbie the Killer Tomato (7/26/86)146.Curt Hennig vs. Mitch Snow (10/30/87)147.Steve Regal vs. Buck Zumhofe (11/28/85)148.Adrian Adonis vs. Jim Brunzell (7/28/81)149.Col. Debeers vs. Jimmy Snuka (Glove On A Pole Match) (2/21/87) 150.Nick Bockwinkel vs. Pat O'Connor (3/22/81) 

AWA ballots have been tallied.  After we record the podcast, we'll release the whole enchilada. 

Along with ballots, a few people threw in some discussion questions they wanted to hear on the podcast. If anyone has any more, either email me [email protected] or post them here and we'll see if we can work them in!  You have about eight hours.

Mookieghana something you did with the original WWF set that I haven't seen you do since was who had the ballot that lines up most  with the consensus. Another cool thing to look at is who had the most wacky ballot vs. the consensus, I always thought it was a cool stat.

Mookieghana something you did with the original WWF set that I haven't seen you do since was who had the ballot that lines up most  with the consensus. Another cool thing to look at is who had the most wacky ballot vs. the consensus, I always thought it was a cool stat.

Ahh - the "closest to the pin" award.  Yes, I will be sure that we hand that one out.   I believe that I do give it out for the last set, but that podcast was tragically lost before it was ever posted, so I don't even remember if I did or did not.

And maybe we'll add in the "wacky ballot to defy the IWC" prize as well.

We had a very fun chat last night for almost three hours last night. 

I want to thank KrisZ, DylanWaco and especially GoodHelmet for the awesome conversation.  I also want to apologize to a few people who sent in some discussion questions that were briefly touched upon, but were certainly not discussed at length.  After the results are posted, I'll repost those questions and the debate can continue on the board.

And for the record, I would like to establish myself as firmly pro-midget and pro-woman representation on each set.

• Like 2