DVDVR Message Board

WWE Website Thread

KidKash202

This must have been tough, The Shield's top ten six-man matches:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/the-shields-10-best-six-man-tag-team-matches

Only one choice for the top spot if I did this, The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family at Elimination Chamber 2014.

I think they got the top spot right. Shield vs. Wyatts from EC is no. 2 for me. Really the only one I think was too high is the Taker match. Its good, but I always found it to be one of the weaker matches, loved more for Taker being involved than plaything else.

I'd either have The Wyatts at EC 2014 or Cena/Sheamus/Ryback at EC 2013 #1.

The former is well covered, but the latter has Cena giving the best face in peril segment I've seen in the last decade.

Only one choice for the top spot if I did this, The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family at Elimination Chamber 2014.

I know this is just me being too lazy to search for the matches individually but I wish they would incorporate stuff like this into the Network more. A weekly show on the network called WWE.com presents that shows videos on the website and perhaps some editorial stuff like recommendations to watch on the network, where are they nows, would be cool.

Yeah, the Evolution match was great, but not the best Shield match ever. The TLC 2012 match might be my pick for #1, but the first match against the Wyatts is so good I wouldn't argue with anyone that says that's their best.

Forgive my shoe ignorance (I wear 6 year old New Balance sneakers I inherited from my dad), but does Batista really wear Air Jordans to the ring? If so, what a dork.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that was covered on the main wrestling discussion topic.  But it's still cool to see that.

I present to you the NXT video blog.  I get a bit of the ROH video wire vibe in this, but not completely like that.  Want to see what Bailey does all day?  How about Aiden English at a bookstore?  Here you go. 

http://www.wwe.com/videos/playlists/nxt-video-blogs

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Something that gets overlooked from WWE is the WWE Inbox segment that runs on the YouTube page. Wild how much Xavier Woods gets a chance to show his personality. It is wild how everyone gets to show how much character they have. I wish these companies would let folks be themselves man. Kinda annoying.

Theres a great article about Ambrose in the indies on the frontpage of wwe.com

"The Most Dangerous Man in Wrestling" is some mega hype. Then again, it might just be the website guys having fun while nobody is looking. 

Sometimes I think WWE is accidentally turning Dean into the biggest star of the new generation. But stuff like this or the comeback spot at MITB suggest that this is some of the shrewdest, most calculated booking in years and that there's nothing accidental about it. 

I sometimes wonder if Vince's handlers even let him see the website any more.

I was listening to an old Art of Wrestling with John Morrison, and he mentioned Johnny Ace, after a year of Miz & Morrison doing the awesome Dirt Sheet show, admitted he had never watched it and knew nothing of it.  So... you're probably right.

Nick Gage getting a stealth mention was something else.

Three missing teeth in the back of his mouth. One nipple lost in the heat of competition and personally sewed back on afterward — “And did a fine job, I might add,” he says — a countless number of scrapes, scratches and scars, those two slashes from the saw, and, sometimes, multiple matches in a single day.

He really is the Titty Master!
  • Like 2

Top 10 WWE matches this year according to wwe.com.

10. Ziggler vs Bad News Barrett- Raw June 23

9.Daniel Bryan vs Triple H- WM 30

8. Orton vs Bryan vs Cena vs Cesaro vs Sheamus vs Christian (Elimination Chamber)

7. John Cena vs Cesaro- Raw Feb 17

6. Daniel Bryan vs Bray Wyatt- Royal Rumble

5. The Shield vs Evolution- Payback

4. Sami Zayn vs Cesaro- NXT ArRival

3. Orton vs Batista vs Daniel Bryan- WM 30

2. Natalya vs Charlotte- NXT Takeover

1. The Shield vs The Wyatts- Elimination Chamber

Nick Gage getting a stealth mention was something else.

Three missing teeth in the back of his mouth. One nipple lost in the heat of competition and personally sewed back on afterward — “And did a fine job, I might add,” he says — a countless number of scrapes, scratches and scars, those two slashes from the saw, and, sometimes, multiple matches in a single day.

He really is the Titty Master!

That article is good stuff! Ambrose is going to be THE breakout star of this generation, and the biggest since John Cena. I still swear to it and I'll keep swearing to it.

EDIT: The article is called "The Devil and Dean Ambrose: How The Lunatic Fringe became WWE's most dangerous man" for those who can't find it for whatever reason.

Top 10 WWE matches this year according to wwe.com.

10. Ziggler vs Bad News Barrett- Raw June 23

9.Daniel Bryan vs Triple H- WM 30

8. Orton vs Bryan vs Cena vs Cesaro vs Sheamus vs Christian (Elimination Chamber)

7. John Cena vs Cesaro- Raw Feb 17

6. Daniel Bryan vs Bray Wyatt- Royal Rumble

5. The Shield vs Evolution- Payback

4. Sami Zayn vs Cesaro- NXT ArRival

3. Orton vs Batista vs Daniel Bryan- WM 30

2. Natalya vs Charlotte- NXT Takeover

1. The Shield vs The Wyatts- Elimination Chamber

I would probably reorder a decent bit of it and remove maybe the EC match. Otherwise this isn't a bad list. Its nice that they included the NXT matches.