DVDVR Message Board

Pages, Panels, Pin-ups... Covers

Brian Fowler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When Chris Claremont was at his peak, he could take something as ridiculous as Spider-Man teaming up with Red Sonja to fight Kulan Gath and make it work. Then he took it a step furtehr and threw in the X-Mn and The Avengers. The result is, in my opinion, the BEST Spider-Man story to not take place in an issue of Spider-Man (be it Amazing, Spectacular, Web or Marvel Team-Up). Claremont always hada knack for writing Spidey, he had the character voice down perfect an one of my major laments was that Claremont wasted his time on X-Men instead of writing awesome Spider-Man stories.

Add John Romita Jr on the art and you have one of the best Marvel stories ever published!

17r3aen8mx187jpg.jpg

XM6.jpg

When Chris Claremont was at his peak, he could take something as ridiculous as Spider-Man teaming up with Red Sonja to fight Kulan Gath and make it work. Then he took it a step furtehr and threw in the X-Mn and The Avengers. The result is, in my opinion, the BEST Spider-Man story to not take place in an issue of Spider-Man (be it Amazing, Spectacular, Web or Marvel Team-Up). Claremont always hada knack for writing Spidey, he had the character voice down perfect an one of my major laments was that Claremont wasted his time on X-Men instead of writing awesome Spider-Man stories.

Add John Romita Jr on the art and you have one of the best Marvel stories ever published!

17r3aen8mx187jpg.jpg

XM6.jpg

God, I miss John Romita Jr. from 20 years ago before he got Klaus Janson to agree to become his permanent inker and he's been aping Frank Miller ever since.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CLC is between Captain Marvel and "Xena"

The creator's excuse for not including Slater is that she's in the same universe as Reeve's Superman, which is bullshit because you've got all the Smallville Justice League, and the tiny Wonder Woman between Captain Marvel and The Flash is from a failed WW Pilot that would've taken place in the Batman '66 universe >:(