DVDVR Message Board

Pages, Panels, Pin-ups... Covers

Brian Fowler

42 minutes ago, D.Z said:

tumblr_pwd4xtVZt61rse64oo3_r1_1280.jpg

I hate that Cable and his big gun is in that. Why would a team like that need a guy who shoots guns real good? There's a guy with laser eyes, a metal man who's super strong, and someone who can control the weather and another who's potentially Dark Phoenix. 

Edited by Johnny Sorrow

On 8/21/2019 at 12:55 AM, Brian Fowler said:

I'm fairly certain that, canonically, Cable is more powerful than any of them unless Jean has the Phoenix force. He's Omega level and went toe to toe with the Surfer once.

He's Omega level but most of it is used to keep the techno organic virus at bay. X-Man is Cable sans virus and we just got a glimpse of what level he rolls at.

23 minutes ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

He's Omega level but most of it is used to keep the techno organic virus at bay. X-Man is Cable sans virus and we just got a glimpse of what level he rolls at.

I admit I'm not up to date current on his status. Hell, I'm not sure I've read Cable since... The story with baby Hope running from Bishop?

At any rate, he's definitely not the "why would they need him" type of character.

24 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Is Kitty the highest profile character not on the cover? 

Kitty and Bishop. After that, you stumble into the Havok/Polaris/Rachel category and then probably Warpath/X-23/Armor/Banshee realm. 

On 8/21/2019 at 12:49 AM, Johnny Sorrow said:

I hate that Cable and his big gun is in that. Why would a team like that need a guy who shoots guns real good? There's a guy with laser eyes, a metal man who's super strong, and someone who can control the weather and another who's potentially Dark Phoenix. 

I'm guessing it's more because he's Madelyn and Scott's son than anything else at this point. Gotta have the constant agnst around or folks don't know how to write Scott.