DVDVR Message Board

Pages, Panels, Pin-ups... Covers

Brian Fowler

16 hours ago, Ace said:

It reminds me of the end of Spider-Geddon. I can't believe Earth 616 has NINE Spider-people 

Needs a Spider cull. That's from Spider-Verse (2014), the sequel called Spider-Geddon came out last year. I preferred that by a good deal.

On 1/17/2019 at 2:59 AM, Cliff Hanger said:

At the time it was new, I remember people speculating that the entire reason for the title change was because Morrison came up with a logo he liked.  No proof, but given that he was involved in the logo and costume designs for a lot of stuff he worked on, I can totally see it.

I've heard a lot of people talk this series up.  I've seen the Waltrip brothers' art and of course Dunn's in a lot of places and really like both, and Harlock is one of my very favorites; I'd like to find copies someday but know I probably won't.  There are so many insane 80s stories of "we thought we had the US rights to this Japanese thing, but it turns out that the people who sold us those rights didn't have them to sell" that it's completely bonkers.

A few online comic stores havemost of the run below $3 an issue. Its was a fun read

James

3 hours ago, J.H. said:

Oh btw, SevenSeas has released Matsumoto's original Harlock manga from the 70s in Hardcover, volume 3 is due out in Feb along with Matsumoto's original Space Battleship Yamato manga

DViy5KwUMAAg9dq.jpg:large

James

I'm about halfway thru volume 1. It's funny, I find Western comics easier to read digitally these days, but manga on a tablet doesn't work for me quite as well