DVDVR Message Board

Pages, Panels, Pin-ups... Covers

Brian Fowler

I think there are some good parts of the DNA run. Although maybe too similar to Great Darkness in a way, I loved them using Ra's as an unexpected villain. I also think there's some good stuff in waid's runs, both SW6 and Kitson book.

But yeah, hard to top Giffen/Levitz and then Giffen and Giffen/Bierbaums. 

Yeah, Lightle was one of my favorite artists for a while there, mainly because of his Legion run.

I don't love the Waid or DNA runs, so, for me, yeah, 5YL is the last great Legion run.

I kinda want to pretend they there hasn't been a Legion since at least New 52.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cliff Hanger said:

I truly love both the pre-DnA Reboot Legion and the Threeboot Legion, so Lightning Saga, Superman and LSH and especially Legion of Three Worlds felt like a massive kick in the balls to me.  

I love the pre-DnA Reboot Legion (especially the first two years) too, and it's one of those things where, no matter what other characters may be restored or may get play in the years to come, there's almost no way that we're going to get that back in any meaningful way. Almost anything else can fit somehow, but that really, really can't. You'd need someone with very, very specific nostalgia and a lot of power.

The last issue of Emerald Vi (LSH v4 #80) was my first ever Legion story, and I was HOOKED.  That was an insane week to make the jump from "If Waldenbooks has the new X-Factor or Guardians of the Galaxy I'll buy it" to Wednesday Warrior, because based on what friends were reading I happened to snag that, the last issue of Kesel/Nord's first Daredevil arc, and the last issue of "Race Against Time."  (And as soon as I get an imgur account set up, I will definitely be sharing a page from that one.)

16 hours ago, J.H. said:

"I leave you to the mercies of Orion" is the closest thing Highfather came to flipping Darkseid the bird

2iqz40o.jpg

James

That right there is one of my very favorite LSH moments ever. The lead up to Great Darkness all the way through Eye For An Eye is some of my favorite comic book content ever. I was a HUGE LSH fan as a kid. Shit, I bought those issues new off the rack. God, I'm old...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eivion said:

What is a good place to start with Legion? I've always been curious about it for the Great Darkness Saga at the very least.

Do you have a cursory knowledge of the characters, specifically the main few?

If so, I would prob just start with Levitz writing the book. I believe there is a Levitz LSH v1 trade. 

If not, a smattering of Silver Age stuff, maybe shooter started. 

• Like 2