DVDVR Message Board

Pages, Panels, Pin-ups... Covers

Brian Fowler

33 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

What's that from?  It looks vaguely familiar.  For some reason, I'm thinking it might be from the Golden Age (The James Robinson mini).  Art looks like it could be Paul Smith's.

Yes. I thought I had written that. I did on Twitter but didn't here. #dope

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2017 at 4:38 PM, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

No worries.  

I miss Paul Smith.  Really liked his art.

I mean he isn't dead or anytihng. He's just super selective about his projects. I'm sure if James Robinson said "Let's do mor Leave It To Chnce" he'd be all fver it

James

10 minutes ago, J.H. said:

I mean he isn't dead or anytihng. He's just super selective about his projects. I'm sure if James Robinson said "Let's do mor Leave It To Chnce" he'd be all fver it

James

Oops.  I didn't mean to imply that he was deceased or anything.  I just haven't read a book Paul Smith drew in... years?  A decade or more?  I need to grab one of the Golden Age collections and reread it.  Loved that book when it first came out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man Legion of Super-Heroes: An For An Eye is AWESOME!

I mean sure it has that moment of sacrifice from Karate Kid BUT it also has Ayla reclaiming her powers as Lightning Lass!

LSH+4+(5)+(532x418).jpg

Giffen/Lytle just rule so hard!

James

and of course Giffen gives us my favorite Mon-El moment, if not my fave moment in all of LSH!

Why they don't reprint issues 1-13 of 5 Years Later I'll never understand

(Yeah I know I've poste this before, but c'mon its so awesome especially Giffen drawing during his Tetsuo Hara phase)

legion_v4_04_01.jpg

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, J.H. said:

Man Legion of Super-Heroes: An For An Eye is AWESOME!

I mean sure it has that moment of sacrifice from Karate Kid BUT it also has Ayla reclaiming her powers as Lightning Lass!

LSH+4+(5)+(532x418).jpg

Giffen/Lytle just rule so hard!

James

This reminds me that I've read nearly every LSH appearance post-ZH, but aside from the first Showcase I've never read *any* of the classic stuff.  If I could get it digitally for less than $2/issue I would.

Wow... everyone should at least read The Great Darkness Saga and Eye For Ana Eye

Hell Jeckie killing Nemesis Kid and then later Emerald Empress during 5YL (though by accident) was pretty great. 

I loved Johns Superman & The LSH story (though there are serious errors with the Lightning Saga that led up to it). Everything Legion related after that has been... problematic for me. I'm not a fan of the DnA era of Legion at all. Hell I prefer L.E.G.I.O.N. to any of DnA's run. Could it be that once Giffen wrapped his part of 5 Years Later that LSH was never truly great again?

tfd+cvr.jpg

James

• Like 1