DVDVR Message Board

Fargo

Jrag

That was legit one of the best episodes of TV ever.  I was hoping for a Dodd/Peggy spin off about halfway through.  So many great performances. From Danson to Woodbine to Donovan, but how fucking great is Kirsten Dunst in this? She might be the greatest and I'm pretty sure she just won an Emmy last night.

Ed mumbling "you want a pop?" to Hanzee, while his face was still red from the almost lynching, is maybe the funniest thing ever put on screen.  I had to pause because I was laughing so hard.

So many great runner-up comedy moments though.  Dodd's face right at the beginning when Ed comes home and you realize Peggy has just been talking straight at Dodd for who knows how long.  Dodd trying to signal to Ed that Peggy stabbed him complete with the blink twice call for help.  Peggy force feeding him beans.

Jeffery Donovan needs to be in more shit.

It's not possible for me to agree more with this post.

Man, the last episode was so great. So many one liners. Also, a grown man getting fed like a toddler in a high chair.

tumblr_nynrc732OV1smql53o1_500.gif

The scene where Ed comes back to the cabin, sees Dodd bleeding, and goes back-and-forth with psycho Peggy is one of the funniest things I've legitimately ever seen.

tumblr_nyosupC8D31qbhgiho1_500.png

tumblr_nyosupC8D31qbhgiho2_500.png

tumblr_nyosupC8D31qbhgiho3_500.png

tumblr_nyosupC8D31qbhgiho4_500.png

tumblr_nyosupC8D31qbhgiho5_500.png

tumblr_nyosupC8D31qbhgiho6_500.png

tumblr_nyosupC8D31qbhgiho7_500.png

I had to get out of the room so I could regain all my senses.

Also, as much I don't like Elizabeth Marvel on House of Cards, I have to admit she is killing it everytime she appears on Fargo. Her "Oh, I'm soooo dead" expressions when Hanzee showed up and during the phone call were priceless.

• Like 3

ALIENS!

"It's just a flying saucer, Ed.  We gotta go!"

That was perfect.  This whole episode was gold from beginning to end.

I've never really been a big fan of Kirsten Dunst, but this show has me wanting to go back and look a bit more into her other stuff.  Just fantastic.

"It's Rapid City all over again!" has to be a rib on viewers, since he was the one who said the "It's goddamn Sioux Falls all over again!" line in S1.

• Like 1

MARTIN FREEMAN!

BEST PLACE YOU'VE EVER PISSED!

WRANGLERS AND WHITE TEES...yeah, probably not the best idea in the world.

Man, echoing the Kirsten Dunst love, I had no idea I'd come out of this thinking she was one of the best things in it. Plemons does really great browbeaten hangdog sad sack expressions but, wow, Dunst has knocked out of the park in the last two episodes. Peggy is one badass lady and her and Ed totally have to be the last two standing...apart from Lou, of course, because Lou, well, Lou:

Seems like absolutely ages since Rye was killed, they've squeezed soooo much good shit into this series. I know there's an episode left but it's pretty much already one of the best series' of TV I've ever seen. And I saw George Hearst descend on Deadwood like a gruesome goo oozing smiling Leviathan. He'd have stood no chance up against Peggy motherfuckin' Blomquist though cause, you betcha, she's actualised and realised.

• Like 3

Ehh.. It was hit or miss.  Loved Ed finally seeing just how crazy Peggy was right before he kicked the bucket.  Loved everything with Lou and Hank. Liked the idea of the Hanzee twist at the end, but man the execution was SUPER weak.

The Mr. Numbers and Mr. Wrench origin story could have been really cool.  I have no problem tying Hanzee into that, but are they really trying to tell me Hanzee is the fat, white red shirt mobster who Malvo killed in S1? 

WHERE ARE YOU AT, EVA!?

I FINALLY CAUGHT UP!

Of course, I'm so late in the game, I don't really know if there's anything I have to add to the discussion. But, basically, everything and everybody was great. A zillion stars. I thought they'd have a hard time measuring up to season 1 - and I'm sure it wasn't easy - but they lapped themselves, and did so without it ever feeling like they were repeating themselves or trying to recapture the season 1 magic. Noah Hawley is a dangerous man right now, because based on all the oddball flourishes and weird left turns this season, he clearly believes he can get away with anything at this point. And he's right.

If not for the out-of-nowhere, transcendent second season of THE LEFTOVERS, this would be the runaway show of the year. But as it stands...it's neck and neck in my book.

And while I agree with Noah Hawley that it would break the "reality" of the show if outrageous things kept befalling the same cast of characters, season after season, I feel like Congress should pass a law requiring all subsequent seasons to follow the continuing adventures of the Solverson Family.

• Like 1

Just finished this. Cant really elaborate any more on whats been said already. Such a great season of TV. Quick review points;

Cant really pick anyone who didnt shine in this- Offerman,Donovan,Dunst and Wilson were the standouts but everyone brought their working boots.

It looks and sounds like no other show on TV, so crisp and clean. Soundtrack was great, not one song felt out of place.

It makes you want to go back and watch season 1 again and THEN watch this season again.

Mike Milligan and the Kitchen Brother(s).

Caught the episode in the middle where Bear offs his nieced and noticed that both she and Peggy had the same line of dialogue "I'm the victim here" which is draws an interesting parallel between the two characters: the one who says she's not laying down for men anymore right before she is murdered by one and the one who decides she is actualized and actually does something about it.  

Only disappointment was Karl not turning up at the end to cook the Solversons breakfast.  He is the Breakfast King, after all.

• Like 1

Final episode wasn't that great compared with the rest of them but, still, overall, it's one of the best series of TV I've ever seen. I mean, only in this show could a friggin' UFO interrupting a shootout not be weird. If it landed in the middle of Bodymore, Murderland in the middle of The fucking Wire then it'd be weird as shit but it works in Fargo. 

Ideas for the 3rd series? I think Hawley's said it'll be set a couple years after the 1st series but I would totally be down with a rise of the Gerhardts series. That or anything involving Bruce Campbell as Ronnie Reagan again.

Final episode wasn't that great compared with the rest of them but, still, overall, it's one of the best series of TV I've ever seen. I mean, only in this show could a friggin' UFO interrupting a shootout not be weird. If it landed in the middle of Bodymore, Murderland in the middle of The fucking Wire then it'd be weird as shit but it works in Fargo. 

Ideas for the 3rd series? I think Hawley's said it'll be set a couple years after the 1st series but I would totally be down with a rise of the Gerhardts series. That or anything involving Bruce Campbell as Ronnie Reagan again.

From what I've read, they're going to jump to 2010 and we'll revisit the kid Gerhardt who went to jail.

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/fargo/250812/fargo-season-3-news-everything-we-know

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/fargo-season-3-cast-details-noah-hawley-1201662128/

As for what happened to Allan Dobrescu’s Charlie, the last surviving member of the Gerhardt family whose fate is not resolved onscreen, Hawley said “he served about four years in prison and got out as the sole surviving Gerhardt and had to make a life for himself. On a lot of levels, he’s left behind as the last man standing of the Gerhardt family. I’m sure he took a long hard look at himself and the fact that his nature, which was much more gentle, was in such conflict with his upbringing. If he’s out there, I’d love to get a letter from him someday.”

• 1 year later...

Bumping this because it premiered last night. 

Spoiler

When they dropped the AC on the robber/killers head, I let out  little shout. Then Mary Winstead's character calmly tells Obi wan #2 exactly what to do, as if she had planned the whole things, even though it was only a couple of minutes sense the confrontation. . . .Oh yeah Fargo's back!