Send ballots to dvdvrmail AT gmail DOT com

I have received ballots from

Ray

Tim Evans

OJ

Caley

Yo-Yo

jae

If you are working on one let me know. As I said - I might have to tweak some stuff depending on the number of ballots so if I have a rough idea how many I am getting I can plan.

Edited by RIPPA
  • Like 1

First post edited to reflect the fact that I got ballots from caley and Yo-Yo

My general feeling is that if I get at least 10 ballots I can keep the current format (maybe just having to adjust the scoring a touch).

15 or more and then it is just the normal proceedings.

Less than double digits and that is what will cause a reassessment

Updated to reflect jae's ballot

I so also point out that I while I am happily doing this I won't be submitting my own ballot (okay maybe 5% I submit one).

Right now I could do a Top 20 without just putting on movies that I remember as a child or that I watched but I didn't like. And my ballot would horribly skew things (though that would benefit 12 Angry Men).

So unless I go on a power watching binge the next few days...

Man, I'm so out of the loop I didn't even realize this was happening. I'll try to put something together. 

I actually was going to message you via Twitter to see if you wanted in

You are fine - this might end being a little bit of a slow burn since I am waiting a few other people. Especially if I want a respectible number of ballots.

But it definitely will be all done before mid-July because I am moving then and I dont want this shit hanging over my head.

MID JULY? SO CAN I WATCH MOAR MOVIES?

Well I meant - mid-July for getting the results posted.

But anyone can send me an updated ballot up to the time I officially close everything down. Since I am still waiting on some people - yes you could watch more movies.

I can safely say you at least have through the weekend

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally had the epiphany this morning in the shower on how I think I will present the results.

It will be different but I think (hope) folks will like it. I just need to spend a day or two compiling

I wish I could've submitted something, but according to my Flickchart I've only seen 37 movies from that entire decade (at least, recently enough to remember them even halfway sharply). And the bottom half of the list was nothing I'd want to submit for Best Of anything. It might be my single least-favorite decade for film ever. Felt like every other movie that came out was either a shitty western or a shitty musical or anything else in shitty Technicolor.