DVDVR Message Board

Non-NASCAR Motor Racing Thread

Guest The Magnificent 7

Guest The Magnificent 7

One of the best weekends of the year for racing fans coming up this weekend.  You've got the Indy 500, the Monaco GP in F1, and the Isle of Man TT festivities begin on Saturday as well. 

Velocity channel supposedly will have rights to the TT in the U.S. 

There was a horrible crash this past Saturday in Northern Ireland in which team Penz13.com BMW rider Simon Andrews died.  RIP.  I'm sure he'll be honored in some way at the TT.

Predictions:

Indy 500 - Marco Andretti

Monaco - Nico Rosberg

Predictions:

Indy - James Hinchcliffe (as long as he doesn't crash in the first 10 laps)

Monaco - Lewis Hamilton

I find myself less intersted in F1 this year. Hamilton & Rosberg beating the holy hell out of everyone else isn't that interesting, outside of the one real duel they hd (I think it was race #3).

Guest The Magnificent 7
I find myself less intersted in F1 this year. Hamilton & Rosberg beating the holy hell out of everyone else isn't that interesting, outside of the one real duel they hd (I think it was race #3).

Agreed.  The Mercedes boys are finishing close to a minute ahead of everyone else.  It is nice to see teams like Williams and Force India on the ascendancy, though, especially Williams being competitive again.  Ferrari needs to get their shit together and give Alonso and Kimi a good car. 

• 4 months later...