DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: THE GREAT KHALI

RIPPA

I was scrolling through wiki's list of WWE personnel and it noted that Khali had been inactive for over 30 days. And that is when I realized that I hadn't seen Khali in over 30 days. Poor poor goofy lunk.

I also saw on Khali's wiki page "He meditates every day and does not consume alcohol, drugs, tobacco, caffeine or meat." which confused me since I thought you had to tell everyone constantly you did that. Has everything CM Punk taught me been a lie?

Anyway...

I actually thought about that posting that match but figured someone else would.

And it gave me a chance to post the Battle Royal - which I think is one of the better Battle Royals around.

God that was such a fucking great time for Smackdown

Other important~ matches in DVDVR history:

Drew Mcintyre vs Chris Masters

Red/SAT vs Quiet Storm/Brian XL

Survival Tobita vs Mokujin Ken

Big Show vs Mayweather

RIOT vs ????

Finlay vs Lorenzo 

Preston Quinn something something.

Others

Hardys vs. Serial Thrillaz (I and II)

Great Sasuke vs. Lenny Lane

Andre vs. Hansen

I smell another discussion thread coming.

Jushin Liger vs. El Samurai (4-30-92)

Low Ki vs. American Dragon at the ECW Super 8 Finals

Kawada vs. Misawa (take your pick)

Great Muta vs. Hiro Hase (12-14-92)

Kevin Sullivan vs. W*ING Kanemura

I think the best thing I can say about Khali is that he knows what his role is in a match.  You can't say that about all big guys.  Of couse, Khali being practically immobile doesn't leave him with many options.

I actually thought about that posting that match but figured someone else would.

And it gave me a chance to post the Battle Royal - which I think is one of the better Battle Royals around.

God that was such a fucking great time for Smackdown

Yeah, man. Smackdown from sometime in 2006 until the 2008 draft was amazing. Hardy, Finlay, Regal, Booker, Londrick, Taylor, Chavo, Rey, MVP, Jimmy Wang Yang, Noble, Kid Kash, Helms. You were guaranteed at least 2 good matches a week.

Others

Hardys vs. Serial Thrillaz (I and II)

Great Sasuke vs. Lenny Lane

Andre vs. Hansen

I smell another discussion thread coming.

There should really be a comp, with alternate commentary from the Playas.

• Like 1

Which Khali/Taker match was it when Undertaker flat out did a Shawn Michaels impersonation, bumping like a freak?

Not sure if this is the one you were talking about but it's the Last Man Standing match that is all sorts of big man fun.

I think we would be remiss if we didn't post the Punjabi Prison Match. I might be the only person who thinks this was enjoyable for what it was... especially working with the restrictions of the match. Plus the pre-match video package is really good.