DVDVR Message Board

Godzilla (2014)

Big Fresh

I've sat here thinking about my reaction to the film and really I should give it another watch. I spent most of the film muttering to myself about plot flaws and hating the characters to have any suspension of disbelief and immersion in the events. It makes me feel like a snarky asshole. 

It also gave me an idea for a re-edit of the film where there is just the scenes without dialogue, or minimal dialogue (or hell, even Japanese with subtitles!). Tell it like a silent film, as the movie is a visual feast and we don't need any Greek chorus telling us the wheres and whys. 

• 1 month later...

ComingSoon.net: I believe the teaser revealed that Rodan, Mothra and King Ghidorah will appear in Godzilla 2!

They showed a bunch of old newsreel footage similar to the opening credits but it was interspersed with the tag:
"There is still one secret that remains hidden"
"There are others"
And then we see a shadow of what's clearly Rodan with the words "Codename: Rodan"
and then they show the old Mothra with the title "Codename: Mothra"
and lastly.... "Codename: Ghidira!"
"Monarch Assessment: Conflict Imminent"..
and the words "LET THEM FIGHT"
  • Like 1

ComingSoon.net: I believe the teaser revealed that Rodan, Mothra and King Ghidorah will appear in Godzilla 2!

They showed a bunch of old newsreel footage similar to the opening credits but it was interspersed with the tag:
"There is still one secret that remains hidden"
"There are others"
And then we see a shadow of what's clearly Rodan with the words "Codename: Rodan"
and then they show the old Mothra with the title "Codename: Mothra"
and lastly.... "Codename: Ghidira!"
"Monarch Assessment: Conflict Imminent"..
and the words "LET THEM FIGHT"

*Faints*