DVDVR Message Board

Is there going to be any big name current actors who don't participate in any comic films?

LethalStriker

Jonah Hill (fat)

If Kat Dennings can be a part of the Thor movies when she obviously will never be any kind of hero herself, I think anyone can be a part of these movies nowadays.  Patton Oswalt is now a guest star on Agents of SHIELD so I guess technically he's crossed off the list himself now.

You calling Kat Dennings fat?

Not a big name but Armie Hammer said he wouldn't do one, which is weird considering he was basically in a movie that purposely made for sequel whoring.

He wouldn't be a super hero, but he would be The Lone Ranger?  What the fuck kind of logic is that?  That is basically like me saying I wouldn't date any current celebrities, but if Lena Horne asks, I'm available. 

While The Lone Ranger may have damaged his credibility to some extent, Armie Hammer is still a fan favourite choice to play Batman in a future movie. Well, with 2015 set to be the year that Zack Snyder pits that hero against Superman in a team-up movie, now seems like the perfect chance for Hammer to nab the role, right? "I’m not actually a big fan of superhero films," he told Metro when asked about the speculation that he will take on the role of the Caped Crusader in Batman/Superman or Justice League. "If you have a guy who is supposed to be invulnerable, then what’s the point? I think if Henry and I did that film and then a superhero film straight after, people might start to wonder about us..." The film he's talking about is of course The Man From U.N.C.L.E. in which he will star opposite Cavill as one of the two leads. For now, fans will have to make do when it comes to seeing the two fighting side-by-side on the big screen.

I thought Hammer was cast as Batman in the JLA movie that Mad Max guy had all ready to film but it scrapped last minute?

I'm pretty sure Adam Brody confirmed all those casting rumors on a Kevin Smith podcast. I was particularly looking forward to Jason Street as Superman. Talk about meta.

Jonah Hill (fat)

If Kat Dennings can be a part of the Thor movies when she obviously will never be any kind of hero herself, I think anyone can be a part of these movies nowadays.  Patton Oswalt is now a guest star on Agents of SHIELD so I guess technically he's crossed off the list himself now.

You calling Kat Dennings fat?

She is in the right places. Yeah, she's on THAT list for me.

• Like 2

I thought Hammer was cast as Batman in the JLA movie that Mad Max guy had all ready to film but it scrapped last minute?

Poor George Miller. But yeah, I believe he was.

In 2007 George Miller signed on to direct a live action Justice League film. Armie Hammer was cast as Batman, D.J. Cotrona as Superman, Common as Green Lantern, Adam Brody as The Flash, Anton Yelchin as The Flash (Wally West), Megan Gale as Wonder Woman, Santiago Cabrera as Aquaman, and Hugh Keays-Byrne as Martian Manhunter. 

The Winklevi in Social Network, also the former heir to the Arm & Hammer fortune

GTFO. 

Wait, I just googled it. It's totally different. Arm & Hammer. At least according to this: http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2011/11/08/armie_hammer_the_origin_of_his_name.html

But his family history has made me more interested in him than anything he's ever done on screen.

Jonah Hill (fat)

Yeah, nobody wants to see Kat Dennings dressed as a super hero.

*cries*

Green Hornet isn't techincally a comic book character, just a TV/Radio one, right? So Seth Rogen, having (sort of) tried and failed in the Superhero genre, and being too famous in his own right to play the heroes funny fat sidekick, now probably won't do one.

Also, Simon Pegg. Ant Man was his only chance, and it's gone.

What's the 1 actor you would least expect to see in a comic based movie?   I think my #1 guy would probably be Tom Hanks since he mostly just does leading man roles that are more serious then him having to play a guy wearing a cape.  He would be plausible as a non superhero in one of those movies but like I said he doesn't really seek out non lead roles.  Also with him keeping himself plenty busy on the producing side of things.