DVDVR Message Board

Is there going to be any big name current actors who don't participate in any comic films?

LethalStriker

It seems like it's going to be very rare soon for any modern day actors to not have at least 1 comic book movie credit to their names.  Even guys like Russell Crowe has his credit for Man of Steel, Channing Tatum is now going to be a part of the X-Men as Gambit, Natalie Portmand and Gwyneth Paltrow who normally you wouldn't associate with those type of movies now both have multiple credits as the love interests in MCU movies.  It seems like nowadays if you're not a part of MCU, DC, X-Men, Spidey or FF franchises you're missing the boat.

Depending on your definition of "comic book" you can include Tom Cruise in that number since Edge of Tomorrow is based on the Japanes animated novellette / manga series, All You Need Is Kill.

I bet Matthew McConaughey won't do a comic book movie.

Not an obvious one based on a super hero, maybe.   I'm sure he'd jump at something indie like The Sixth Gun or Ten Grand if the money were right.

Hamm was in that ghastly THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL remake and had small bits in THE A-TEAM and SUCKER PUNCH.

So he's clearly not above comic movies, he just hasn't gotten around to making one yet.

DDL

Looking back at the casting rumors for MoS, you had a Gerard Butler, Daniel Day-Lewis, and Viggo (who wanted to play General Zod). I saw a story this morning where Viggo stated he still wanted to a comic book film. I guess this dude loves movies that take a half a year to complete and film back-to-back.

Jonah Hill (fat)

If Kat Dennings can be a part of the Thor movies when she obviously will never be any kind of hero herself, I think anyone can be a part of these movies nowadays.  Patton Oswalt is now a guest star on Agents of SHIELD so I guess technically he's crossed off the list himself now.

Not a big name but Armie Hammer said he wouldn't do one, which is weird considering he was basically in a movie that purposely made for sequel whoring.

He wouldn't be a super hero, but he would be The Lone Ranger?  What the fuck kind of logic is that?  That is basically like me saying I wouldn't date any current celebrities, but if Lena Horne asks, I'm available. 

• Like 1