DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: GRAN MARKUS JR

RIPPA

I realized that Dean and I are probably going to end up having a really long conversation about if Gran Markus Jr ends up on an all-time fatboy list.

I mean when luchawiki lists your signature moves as "Big Splash" "Avalanche Splash in Corner" and "Sitdown Splash" you definitely have a fat guy offense.

Of course in my youth - I was not a fan

I love that Markus was "El Trucker Asesino" because he actually drove an 18-wheeler when he wasn't wrestling. That's a gimmick waiting to happen.

I love that Markus was "El Trucker Asesino" because he actually drove an 18-wheeler when he wasn't wrestling. That's a gimmick waiting to happen.

myssDadSnz66jd1O5fNeo2g.jpg

I have nothing productive to add, really, because I've got another Rush/Shocker trios match to watch and this Valiente match, so I don't have time to do heavy Gran Markus Jr research, but imagine the value of that guy. it's SIGNED. 

Headhunters and Porky vs Markus, Steele(Val Venis) and Cien Caras. Now that's a fatboy trio team if I've ever seen one. Sadly very little of the never ending Markus vs Pierroth Jr. feud from 2002 isn't on the net.

Atlantis, El Dandy y Popitekus vs. Gran Markus Jr., Pirata Morgan y Ulises (5/26/89)

In the 1980s project thread for this I am the only person who seems at all excited about this match. This match has two big fat fucks doing athletic lucha spots so it's definitely staying in the top half. You rarely get to see David vs Goliath stuff in lucha so watching the smaller guys taking down the big boys with all kinds of cool armdrags and flying techniques (including Morgan hitting the best tope en reversa) was pretty cool. One of the most fun matches on the set.

Headhunters and Porky vs Markus, Steele(Val Venis) and Cien Caras. Now that's a fatboy trio team if I've ever seen one. Sadly very little of the never ending Markus vs Pierroth Jr. feud from 2002 isn't on the net.

The chunky fans in the front row that showed up after the 3rd fall made it even better