DVDVR Message Board

Raw 5-12-14

MGFanJay

Harley Race and Benoit both had neck issues from using it. I never thought it was entertaining or dramatic enough to risk a broken neck. Mind you, anything off the top repeatedly is going to fuck something up. Kenta Kobashi's knees and elbows say hello. Mutoh's too for that matter.

• Like 1

Big E joked that Xavier Woods thought they should form the Nation of Domination to fight Rusev on the Wrestling Compadres last week.  Woods also posted a pic of Lana with Sterling at a Clippers game.

I'd also love a tribute to Johnny Dangerously or Slap Shot:

"Heyman Deported to Sweden.  Claims he's not from there."

or 

"The litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him."

• Like 1

When Michael Cole says fun, he means sex. You need to learn PG code.

"Going up and down like Adam Rose is fun!"  Check.

"Emma just loves having fun with Santino!"  Um...disappointing but check, I guess.

"All Big Show wants is to have a little fun and no one will ever let him."  Sad, but probably logistically a reality.

"Brodus just loves bringing fun to all the kids in the WWE Universe."   FAIL FAIL FAIL SYSTEM FAIL

• Like 8

Harley Race and Benoit both had neck issues from using it. I never thought it was entertaining or dramatic enough to risk a broken neck. Mind you, anything off the top repeatedly is going to fuck something up. Kenta Kobashi's knees and elbows say hello. Mutoh's too for that matter.

Just seems as a wrestler at this point, a move like that is no longer worth the added risk.  Maybe bust it out every once in a while.  But it's no wonder he needs neck surgery now.

• Like 1

I don't know what they were confused by but I was definitely distracted by Axel's "boom baby" and laughing about how he must've gotten confused and forget about the coin toss and thought he found a coin on the ground... that he didn't even have to dig for.

They weren't confused at all. They made the joke that Axel must have lost because he had to fight Sheamus. Cole quickly said he must have won because a match with the US champ is a big opportunity. I get the constant criticism of the announce team but in this situation they were doing what they should be...the joke put over Sheamus as being so tough nobody wanted to fight him and Cole's correction put over the importance of the US title.

So, why is it okay for the Shield to fend off against all the heels on the roster sans the foreigners but Cena outsmarts/out-powers 3 hicks and the whole WWE is evil and don't know what is successful anymore?

I think it's literally because Dean Ambrose is a titty master and Roman Reigns is handsome.

Don't forget Seth Rollins, the architect.

• Like 1

So, why is it okay for the Shield to fend off against all the heels on the roster sans the foreigners but Cena outsmarts/out-powers 3 hicks and the whole WWE is evil and don't know what is successful anymore?

I think it's literally because Dean Ambrose is a titty master and Roman Reigns is handsome.

Don't forget Seth Rollins, the architect.

I would have gone with because there are only two reasons Cena is feuding with the Wyatts; (a) to draw houses and (b) to elevate Bray.

Similarly, there are only two reasons why Evolution is feuding with the Shield (a) to draw houses and (b) to elevate the Shield.

If the Shield and Wyatts are not coming out look super strong in their respective feuds then there is no point.