DVDVR Message Board

Bellator 120: Rampage vs. King Mo (5/17/2014) - Southaven, MS (Landers Center)

Elsalvajeloco

Guest Edwin

Brooks vs. Alvarez is what's supposed to happen. I think this is a more winnable fight for Alvarez, so there's a good chance he can exit Bellator on a high and there would be an even bigger chance the UFC signs him.

I thought King Mo won rounds 1 and 3 of a horrible fight and a rematch would be really uninteresting.

Knowing Bjorn, he will have Chandler vs. Alvarez III happen before Brooks vs. Alvarez.

Already seeing people saying the Tito/Shlemenko fight was a work.  If so (and I'm the conspiracy guy, remember) that makes no sense at all.  They just made their most dominant champion look terrible.

I wasn't that thrilled with the main event but can understand why it went to Rampage.  King Mo did zero with his one takedown in the third.  Rampage at least threw punches.  No rematch, please.

Guest Edwin

Tito beating Storm makes sense for a lot of reasons. Tito being a much bigger, stronger and better grappler is one of them and that's exactly what he did: out power and out grappler Storm.

I loved that fight. The DEC was bogus, specially when you see the score cards. Will Brooks seemed to be the happiest guy on the planet, and him going out of the cage to hug (his dad?) not sure, was pretty great. 

I hope Rimz is OK where ever he is because his boy's MMA career is in the toilet.

I mean 5 years ago I thought Mo was going to be a superstar too.  

Bellator going ahead with Alvarez/Chandler III anyway wouldn't surprise me.  They do crap like that all the time.

And LOL @ the post-fight press conference.  Rampage saying he doesn't want to fight Emanuel Newton and is calling for a rematch with King Mo.  Seriously.  

Watch Bellator book the rematch and now Newton vs. Tito Ortiz for the title next.

This is what Bellator gets for doing a stupid PPV they had no business doing.  Was this that much better than some of their better free live events?  

Was this even a better event than Bellator 106?  I was there live, and while it wasn't an awesome card, it seemed a heck of a lot better than this one.  At least it had a great main event.  

So does Bellator try to work their way to doing Rampage vs. Tito again now that Tito won a fight?  The next fight for Rampage would be Emanuel Newton for the belt.  Does Bellator then cross their fingers and try to give Tito a fight that they perceive as winnable for him to then build towards the matchup that they originally wanted to do?

So does Bellator try to work their way to doing Rampage vs. Tito again now that Tito won a fight?  The next fight for Rampage would be Emanuel Newton for the belt.  Does Bellator then cross their fingers and try to give Tito a fight that they perceive as winnable for him to then build towards the matchup that they originally wanted to do?

The problem is that Rampage is friends with Newton and all his training partners train with him, so he doesn't want to fight him now.  Or so he says.  

So Bellator, just book Ortiz vs. Newton and the Mo vs. Rampage rematch.  Why not.  It makes about as much sense as everything else they've done as of late.

Rimz actually texted me while I was at the show and he correctly predicted Rampage was going to get the decision.

Also, he knows Mo has been done since the staph infection. He basically said he should have stayed at AKA.

Yeah but he still said Mo was going to win three belts in Bellator.

Unfortunate for Mo because the staph infection clearly did mess him up.  He did this odd interview the other day where he said he only went around and wanted to train with Ryan Parsons.  Which is weird because I clearly remember him saying before how much he loved it training at AKA and said he was going to stay there until he died.  

Yeah but he still said Mo was going to win three belts in Bellator.

Unfortunate for Mo because the staph infection clearly did mess him up.  He did this odd interview the other day where he said he only went around and wanted to train with Ryan Parsons.  Which is weird because I clearly remember him saying before how much he loved it training at AKA and said he was going to stay there until he died.  

He basically had a personality/philosophy clash at AKA. He basically refuse to conform to their normal routine, got mad, and stopped showing up. By the time he left Parsons, he was so use to training how he liked to train. Hence, you have him training with Jeff Mayweather and basically whoever Kogan could find at whatever space they're allowed in. At ATT you can still do a little of that, but they clearly have a system set up. Five or six years ago, you would see Liborio and Conan both in someone's corner. But now, Liborio is the good cop and Conan is the bad cop. Conan corners/trains all the guys who would normally be an issue to deal with and that's why he corners people like Lombard and Mo.

Guest Edwin

I posted on Tapology how Mo used to be Bjorn's 205 lb. golden boy until the first Newton fight and someone posted this glorious video I hadn't seen ever:

Guest Edwin

Yeah, Bellator was really banking on Chandler walking all over Brooks and now they're in an awkward situation.

Bellator going ahead with Alvarez/Chandler III anyway wouldn't surprise me.  They do crap like that all the time.

And here we goooooooooooooooooooooooo:

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/bellator-may-be-forced-to-make-alvarez-chandler-3-next-despite-brooks-win

"The trilogy is written in his contact."

Yeah, Bellator was really banking on Chandler walking all over Brooks and now they're in an awkward situation.

Couldn't they have just called the Caveman and just said he deserves a shot based on the impartial backstage voting system they have for determining new contenders?  Obviously they didn't look hard enough for a scrub to fall over for Chandler.