DVDVR Message Board

FAT MAN TOP 50!! Pimp your fatboy

DEAN

Guest Edwin

Forgot to post these:

Dump Matsumoto - Possibly the greatest heel in Japanese wrestling history. She was such a great heel she made little Japanese girls cry in the audience. Her singles matches against Chigusa Nagayo namely the hair matches were probably the highlight of her career.

Aja Kong - One of the great Joshi wrestlers of the 90's. Definitely the top fat girl in Joshi from the 90's. Really great at playing the bully heel against much smaller and against a diverse set of opponents. Her matches with Manami Toyota in AJW in the 90's, her matches with Mariko Yoshida in ARSION in the early 00's and her matches with Meiko Satomura in GAEA and in SENDAI Girls' were some of little great Joshi matches of recent years.

Yutaka Yoshie - The best fat man in Japanese pro-wrestling in the 00's. He was extremely excellent at using his big body mass advantage against much slimmer opponents. He set the perfect example of what a fat man should be wrestling like.

Foley wasn't that fat and was kinda skinny the first few years.

There was that period of time in WCW where he was teaming and traveling with Abdullah and he got up into the 300s.  Still not a 'fat guy' in my opinion.  Unlike...

or say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRUhXjoJydw

Anyone named Kong sort of immediately qualifies.

Lest we forget.

Foley wasn't that fat and was kinda skinny the first few years.

I would love if this reasoning applied to life. I was (comparatively) slender in my early 20s, so I am not a grotesque tub of lard today.

I won't say nothing if you don't when I use the same reasoning. "I'm still 175; say sumthin."

I'm gonna go with Vudu from Monterrey. A near 400 pounder doing dives and head scissors. Sadly not a lot of his matches make tape including his feud with Konan Big.

Honorable mention to Mr. Maldito and the Platino from Tijuana:

Blue Meanie's gimmick was based on his chubbiness.

I insist that Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis are up for consideration.

The Wild Samoans!

Haystacks Calhoun!!!

In my top five are KKBundy and Jerry Blackwell and Super Porky and Vader and one of the BBW Japanese grapplers.

no vids,

RAF

Yutaka Yoshie - The best fat man in Japanese pro-wrestling in the 00's. He was extremely excellent at using his big body mass advantage against much slimmer opponents. He set the perfect example of what a fat man should be wrestling like.

Yoshie would be one of my nominations too; so fat, so fun in that era of the matches you posted. Great moments in that Shibata match including using FAT to overcome the intial MMA assault, and then at 8:25 teasing a receipt face-kick before opting to crush Shibata with massive ass. Can't find it online, but in the past I've recommended Yoshie vs Ishii, where if memory serves, Yoshie's FAT factors into every single offensive move he delivers.

Also, this:

Which should lead to a big slab of Hama matches too...

So nobody nominated Great Antonio? This was classic.

As he grew older, he became a noted eccentric figure in his home town of Montreal. He changed the story of his background on at least two occasions. He claimed that, rather than being of Croatian descent, he was Italian.[2] In his later years, he claimed that he was an extraterrestrial.[2] Destitute and illiterate, he frequented doughnut shops in Rosemont (one had to leave a message for him at Dunkin' Donuts to reach him), as well as Berri-UQAM metro station, where he sold postcards of himself and brochures outlining his life story.

[2] The Great Antonio died at age 77 of a heart attack while in a grocery store in Montreal.[2][3] He is believed to have been married at least twice, once in Europe and once in Canada, but he left no known descendants.[2] Before his death, he carried "every scrap of paper that had been written about him over the years, news clippings from all over the world, in garbage bags."[2] After his death, discovered amongst the clippings was a letter from the office of Bill Clinton, and old photos of Barichievich with the likes of Pierre Trudeau, Liza Minnelli, Lee Majors, Sophia Loren and Johnny Carson.[2]