DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 5/22

*Taped for Xplosion: Madison Rayne def. Velvet Sky with a rollup

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing May 22, 2014 from Orlando, FL

*Video recap of MVP turning on Eric Young and announcing the Slammiversary main event followed by Kenny King joining MVP and Lashley's turn.

*MVP, Kenny King, and Bobby Lashley open the show with a promo. MVP says he is a brilliant man and put himself in a position to bring in his friends and have power. MVP said when you take power, sometimes blood must be spilled. MVP said the fans are gullible because they've been had. MVP said sometimes you have to lie and manipulate to get to the top. MVP compared it to politicians and asked why the fans are mad. MVP said it's all about money, power, and respect. MVP said he knew if he was going to come back to the wrestling business, it would be on his terms. MVP called himself the greatest politician in the world because he's in control then hands the mic to Kenny King. King explained that MVP called him a few months ago and laid this all out. King said he thought it was crazy at first but it was genius. King said their exhibition match and his match with Lashley was all to throw everyone off. MVP adds that bringing in Lashley at Lockdown as all part of his plan. Lashley takes the mic and says he realized playing the game isn't going to work for anyone. Lashley talks about accepting MVP's offer and calls him a visionary. MVP declares himself a God and then they are interrupted by The Wolves. Davey said they respected MVP at Lockdown when he was about the wrestlers. MVP said he gave them the opportunity to be champions and gave them a lucrative contract. MVP says he didn't cut them out because of their heart but to be in his position, you have to be heartless. Davey calls MVP a coward. MVP threatens to terminate their contracts so they can go back to the indys and work for table scraps. The Wolves attack but get overcome by the odds. Lashley spears Edwards. MVP repeats that it's about power and control. Lashley picks Davey up and carries him to the stage. MVP says it's not about him but since he wanted to be hard-headed, he has to do this. Lashley then spears Davey off the stage through a table. MVP finishes declaring "Money, power, and respect are the keys to life."

*Eric Young came to the ring and said if MVP wants to play a numbers game then that's the way it's going to be. MVP interrupted and said he will give Young a chance to speak but on his terms. Young tells him to shut up and listen. MVP threatens to bring in his friends as Lashley and King show up. Young says he got stabbed in the back by MVP and calls King a scumbag. Young says that Lashley paid his dues in wrestling, MMA, and the military. MVP argued that Lashley smartened up. Young said that Lashley owed an explanation not just to the fans, but to his son who will wonder why his dad became a sellout. MVP replied that Lashley's son will have learned how to ascend and take power, not sell out. Young said they are motivated by money, power, and respect while he's motivated by love. Young says the people motivate him and they are going to show how they motivate in TNA. Austin Aries runs down for the save and takes out Kenny King. Lashley attacks Aries but Young clotheslines Lashley out of the ring and MVP escapes. Aries took the mic and said he saw MVP for exactly what he is, a fake. Aries feels responsible for MVP's big ego and challenges him to a match. MVP says he's beaten him before and will do it again. MVP adds that he'll let Young know who he's facing when he's ready.

*Angelina Love came out and issued an open challenge to anyone that wasn't a former knockouts champion. Brittany accepted. Angelina Love (w/ Velvet Sky) def. Brittany. After the match, The Beautiful People put lipstick and the paper bag on Brittany until Gail Kim made the save and took them out.

*Austin Aries def. MVP via DQ when Lashley & King interfered. Eric Young ran down for the save but got taken out as well. MVP gets the mic and tells Young that his opponent is Bobby Lashley. Dixie Carter then arrives with EC3. Dixie complains about MVP not returning her calls, texts, or e-mails. MVP says she sounds like the rest of the women in his life. Dixie claims she's never disrespected or harmed anyone. MVP brings up Bully and tells her to cut to the chase. Dixie says it's about what she can do for him. Bully Ray interupts and chases Dixie and EC3 away with a steel pipe. MVP brings up that he banned them both from the Impact Zone. Bully calls MVP a piece of crap and says he's there because of him. King and Lashley attack Bully and MVP joins them to lay out Bully. Dixie and EC3 return to watch Bully get laid out. Dixie tells Ethan to get the tables so he does. Bully fights him off and goes after Dixie but EC3 recovers and slams Bully through the table. Dixie says that she fears no one.

*Willow def. Magnus (w/ Bram) in a falls count anywhere match after the Twist of Fate on the ramp. During the match, Bram kept trying to get Magnus to use the turnbuckle hook and when he finally decided to, he got caught and lost the match.

*Eddie Edwards returned to the ring and called out MVP, Kenny King, & Lashley. Edwards pointed out that Davey was now in the hospital. Kenny King showed up and they brawled until King laid out Edwards with an exploder suplex on the ramp.

*Bobby Lashley def. Eric Young in a non title match after the spear. MVP & Kenny King interfered and MVP stopped Brian Hebner from calling the DQ. Austin Aries ran out with a kendo stick for the save but Lashley took him out.

*Taped for Xplosion: Madison Rayne def. Velvet Sky with a rollup

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing May 22, 2014 from Orlando, FL

*Video recap of MVP turning on Eric Young and announcing the Slammiversary main event followed by Kenny King joining MVP and Lashley's turn.

*MVP, Kenny King, and Bobby Lashley open the show with a promo. MVP says he is a brilliant man and put himself in a position to bring in his friends and have power. MVP said when you take power, sometimes blood must be spilled. MVP said the fans are gullible because they've been had. MVP said sometimes you have to lie and manipulate to get to the top. MVP compared it to politicians and asked why the fans are mad. MVP said it's all about money, power, and respect. MVP said he knew if he was going to come back to the wrestling business, it would be on his terms. MVP called himself the greatest politician in the world because he's in control then hands the mic to Kenny King. King explained that MVP called him a few months ago and laid this all out. King said he thought it was crazy at first but it was genius. King said their exhibition match and his match with Lashley was all to throw everyone off. MVP adds that bringing in Lashley at Lockdown as all part of his plan. Lashley takes the mic and says he realized playing the game isn't going to work for anyone. Lashley talks about accepting MVP's offer and calls him a visionary. MVP declares himself a God and then they are interrupted by The Wolves. Davey said they respected MVP at Lockdown when he was about the wrestlers. MVP said he gave them the opportunity to be champions and gave them a lucrative contract. MVP says he didn't cut them out because of their heart but to be in his position, you have to be heartless. Davey calls MVP a coward. MVP threatens to terminate their contracts so they can go back to the indys and work for table scraps. The Wolves attack but get overcome by the odds. Lashley spears Edwards. MVP repeats that it's about power and control. Lashley picks Davey up and carries him to the stage. MVP says it's not about him but since he wanted to be hard-headed, he has to do this. Lashley then spears Davey off the stage through a table. MVP finishes declaring "Money, power, and respect are the keys to life."

*Eric Young came to the ring and said if MVP wants to play a numbers game then that's the way it's going to be.

You know, if Young could have just come out to the ring 5 minutes earlier...it wouldn't have to be a numbers game, it would've been 3 on 3...

• Like 1

Ignoring Explosion - they taped 12 segments last night (for the two weeks). 8 of them had some form of MVP/Lashley/King nonsense

• 2 weeks later...

This was one of the most counter-productive shows in TNA history. In ONE HOUR, MVP and his...team of black guys with no name beat up the world champ twice, the tag champs, Bully Ray, and Austin Aries. "This is gonna be a long, long night!" - THANK YOU STORM! In 2014, we got a lead heel using a Hebner to try and screw the world champ. Lashley-EY was okay I guess. EY looked like a total chump though. This whole show was like July-September of the NWO beatdowns in one night.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/05/tna-impact-wrestling-5-22-14.html

Screens -

fd8704328192067.jpg

b5147a328194749.jpg

4f313a328192669.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/qx39xh078bxelf6rei59q3gfw6eeihd8

Kenny King reminds me of Jack Swagger in the way he just overacts as a heel. I can't take him seriously at all with his goofy faces and waving his arms. MVP was in HHH 2003 mode with appearing in almost all the segments tonight. All the babyfaces looked like geeks.

God, this show was fucking awful. Did anyone tally up how much screen time MVP, Lashley, and King got tonight because it was way too much. I never ever want to see any of them again. Somehow with all the awfulness the worst thing of the night was Dixie saying "Dixie Carter fears...no one"; it was the most absurd line reading I've ever seen and I did theater in high school.

I'll estimate it at around eleventy-billion years, or more realistically, an hour and 15-20 minutes of TV time spread across a show with an hour and 40-ish minutes of TV time. This will definitely be a memorable episode for my Impact Wrestling: 2014 Year in Review compilation e-book. It will be the sequel to this - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KFAT8OY - available now!

I'll estimate it at around eleventy-billion years, or more realistically, an hour and 15-20 minutes of TV time spread across a show with an hour and 40-ish minutes of TV time. This will definitely be a memorable episode for my Impact Wrestling: 2014 Year in Review compilation e-book. It will be the sequel to this - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KFAT8OY - available now!

Lol the one star review. The 2014 edition is going to be like War and Peace especially when TNA goes into it's death spiral if Spike doesnt renew it later this year.

On Twitter, Dave Lagana tweeted he would read anyone's feedback about the show if they tweeted him during it. So I sent him a couple of tweets. I actually enjoy MVP and Kenny King as a duo. But Bobby Lashley is a black hole of charisma. But hey hes got big muscles.

We sort of got into a little back and forth when I noted how while MVP/Aries was a good match it just felt rushed like it was being done for no real reason. He responded that it was explained in the recap and I should rewind. I responded about how things are just condensed now. I like things stretched out from a story telling point. I'm pretty sure that annoyed him because he said "that still makes no sense...but enjoy the show". I didn't bug him from that point on. But I know I had a point. All this MVP power grab stuff is being rushed. It could be something they are dragging out slowly with each passing week how he lets the power go to his head but suddenly as we saw he's like "Fuck it, I'm going to take all the power now".

The Edwards/King brawl was fun so there was that. I honestly was more interested in the Rangers game then following plot points.

Whats the deal with Gunner giving a shit about Samuel Shaw in the looney bin? Are they playing it off that Shaw is an old army buddy of his who went crazy? Someone I follow on Twitter seemed all angry about that segment so I assumed maybe that was the context.

Davey Richards destroyed and sent to the hospital, this opening segment must he getting some people here all hot n bothered.

Well given that according to the spoilers he wrestles the next week, I doubt there is much outrage.    I don't know how they actually schedule these 2 or 3 months of spoilers but if I was at the show I would be more irritated how stupid the whole segment looks from a live standpoint.  

Given how the company is booking and scheduling the shows, I can completely understand why the crowd doesn't give two shits about stuffing instead of potatoes.   No way to care about something when you know 3 or 4 hours ago or day later it will be completely no sold. 

I watched this show, then I watched the PWG DDT4 show on DVD. It was like going from Howard The Duck to Citizen Kane quality wise. The TNA show was actually worse than the FTW show I saw before the last EVOLVE show in Queens, as at least I knew that was a low rent indy show and not on national TV. Everything on the TNA show was either super lame or just plain boring. I really hope they do one of these shitty shows in NY because I'll at least get to be entertained by the crowd shitting on it.

No way the canned crowd noise lets any NY shit giving get through.

True, but judging by last night's show they don't even bother to pump in crowd noise at this point. Crowd was beyond dead. And since I was stupid enough to get a $20 ticket for the Thursday taping at least I'll get to experience the crowd reaction live. If they present a show like last night they are making a big mistake

Lol the one star review. The 2014 edition is going to be like War and Peace especially when TNA goes into it's death spiral if Spike doesnt renew it later this year.

I think whoever gave it the ASIN number was Scott Steiner fan - B00KFAT8OY

Kenny King reminds me of Jack Swagger in the way he just overacts as a heel. I can't take him seriously at all with his goofy faces and waving his arms. MVP was in HHH 2003 mode with appearing in almost all the segments tonight. All the babyfaces looked like geeks.

I think he's been pretty great but MVP taking back to mic mid-sentence from him to plant the seeds

for the group's end ONE WEEK AFTER IT WAS FORMED was bullshit to watch.

I would had rather listened to King continue explaining how the group wasn't just put together over night instead

of MVP spending more time squeezing in more outdated money power and respect song references.

I would rather drink a cesspool than watch this crap. I've seen better wrestling shows put together by 18 year-old yardtards.  I check out TNA every three or months to see if there's any improvement and they never fail to not meet my low expectations. With the talent they have, I don't know that I could do worse on purpose than the crap they serve up.

• 4 weeks later...

It took me a month to watch this show. Every time I tried, I found there was something else I'd rather be doing. My Tivo is full of Impact's I can't be arsed with.

I really like Austin Aries. Yet somehow they have contrived to book an Austin Aries match that, not only would i have not minded missing it, I actively didn't want to watch.