DVDVR Message Board

The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers are being rebooted

The Nature Boy

The difference in production quality between the show and the first movie was my first lesson in the difference between movie and tv budgets.  I actually LOVED the first movie as a kid.  Had the trading cards and soundtrack!  When it was on Netflix some time last year, I watched to see if it held up and I thought it did pretty well.

Jason, the first Red Ranger, was bland as fuck, so naturally Tommy was a huge upgrade.

I'm seconding the love of Bulk and Skull and Goldar in this thread. Bulk and Skull were my jobber tag team when I did "e-fedding" when I was younger.

That said, I don't know why they are bringing this back.

That said, I don't know why they are bringing this back.

Because it's 2014, and now not only is nothing too sacred to be remade, there's nothing too shitty either.

Back to the Future and the Goonies will not be remade.

• Like 1

Pretty much every year, now, following the Japanese series, but a few years behind.

I think they are season 21 right now.

But this is a reboot of the original MMPR.

Did he bully any actors out of Dinothunder?

Who got bullied off the Power Ranger show?

I'm amazed any of the US actors would have been so valuable to have that sort of clout.

David Yost.  The cast was a total dick to him, and sent him spiraling into a huge depression.  Pretty much turned into a self hating gay.

I thought it was more the producers than the cast.

Like, allegedly the one producer would bring the rest of the cast in and interrogate them about Yost, and use that against him.

Did he bully any actors out of Dinothunder?

Who got bullied off the Power Ranger show?

I'm amazed any of the US actors would have been so valuable to have that sort of clout.

David Yost.  The cast was a total dick to him, and sent him spiraling into a huge depression.  Pretty much turned into a self hating gay.

I thought it was the producers who were being assholes about and they constantly cajoled the cast about Yost's sexuality (he wasn't openly gay at the time) because no one would out him. 

I have heard that Yost is still good friends with Walter Jones, Jason David Frank and a couple members of the original and future casts.  For a while, Yost taught gymnastics at one of Frank's martial art dojos.

Might be a nice gig for a while, but it seems other than the odd exception here and there, getting cast in Power Rangers is almost like a kiss of death for your career. 

Except Anna Hutchison, she seemed to do OK afterwards.  

Anna Hutchison might've gotten that "Cabin in the Woods" gig, but Johnny Bosch has voice acted in like, every fucking english Anime Dub and a shit ton of video games/