DVDVR Message Board

RAW spoilers, 29th July 2013.

The Natural

1. The Shield defeated Mark Henry and The Uso Brothers.2. Rob Van Dam beat Fandango.3. Kaitlyn over A.J. Lee in a non-title match.4. Dolph Ziggler defeated Big E Langston by DQ when AJ Lee interfered.5. Christian defeated Alberto Del Rio in a non-title match.6. Cody Rhodes beat Wade Barrett.7. Daniel Bryan defeated Kane. Afterward, Kane chokeslammed Bryan, then the Wyatt Family came out and attacked Kane.8. Brie Bella beat Natalya.9. Curtis Axel defeated R-Truth. C.M. Punk attacked Axel after the match.10. John Cena defeated Ryback in a tables match.

Credit: prowrestling.net

Interested in nearly everything on this show. I thought the opener would be saved for SummerSlam, might be used for it again.

Why is Raw taped this week?

Guessing it's an international tour which won't be taping RAW.

They're going to Australia.

There were other spoilers that talked about a backstage segment where Vince was with Maddox before the Cena/Ryback match and Vince says he wants a superstar like Triple H in the main event of Summerslam.

I'm going to find it very funny if they made Ryback look like a puss the last couple of weeks only for him to be the new chosen one for Vince.

looks like they are doing Dolph/Kaitlyn  v Langston/AJ at Summerslam.  Have no idea what they do with the Shield now

I'm wondering what we'll get as the World Heavyweight Championship match. Del Rio vs. Christian perhaps?

I agree that the show dragged and it suffered from not being live and me having read the spoilers.  But as a wrestling show?  Well it had several good/enjoyable matches so I'm not going to bitch.  That was easily the best Christian has looked since his return in particular.  My biggest criticism of the show was repeating the finish from Bryan/Cesaro in the Kane match.  I hate that kind of shit

That Ryback bullies backstage guys at the catering table was funny, but why exactly was someone filming random guys eating?!

Also funny...........from different guys I've known who had tryouts or dark matches, etc, WWE has AMAZING catering......just tons of great food.  But when portrayed on TV, it's a small table with a loaf of bread and some mayo and cold cuts. 

I like that they're setting up the small package as a finisher for Bryan.

Wyatt family is great. I wonder if this leads to Kane joining the group and falling under Bray's spell?

My wife's reaction to things often distills what I think a lot of people might be thinking or sometimes what I've been thinking but couldn't quite articulate.  When the Wyatt's cam out, she was super into their entrance and stopped what she was doing to watch and wanted to know who they were.

As soon as the lights came up, she said, "Oh, well."  and disappeared immediately back into wherever she was before.  It seems there's just no way they can keep the world of the Wyatts going once the lights come up and they're in the ring.  At that point, what they are actually doing is hardly different than say Right to Censor or something.

That Ryback bullies backstage guys at the catering table was funny, but why exactly was someone filming random guys eating?!

Also funny...........from different guys I've known who had tryouts or dark matches, etc, WWE has AMAZING catering......just tons of great food.  But when portrayed on TV, it's a small table with a loaf of bread and some mayo and cold cuts. 

Yeah, the company that handles WWE's catering is how I've managed to get backstage for a couple of events, and I got a good laugh out of this.

They have to be ribbing Ryback. Does everything he is involved in have to revolve around food?

Wedding reception?

Also funny...........from different guys I've known who had tryouts or dark matches, etc, WWE has AMAZING catering......just tons of great food. But when portrayed on TV, it's a small table with a loaf of bread and some mayo and cold cuts.

I think I get this one ... most often, if the catering shows up on camera, someone's going into it; who wants to waste the good pate and mahi mahi on Jinder Mahal?