DVDVR Message Board

Extreme Rules VI

Dolfan in NYC

The pre-show match was...memorable in several ways, few of them good. God bless 3MB for taking crazy bumps in it though. Show wasn't doing much for me until Evolution-Shield. That was iffy at the start, but really got going when they did crowd brawling. Roman was "made" here kicking out of the Pedigree and scoring the win. Cena-Wyatt was a fucking clown shoe. Fight scenes in Married With Children were easier to suspend your disbelief for. All the voice modulator stuff was goofy, but entertaining. Main event was largely dreadful. I didn't expect a flaming table spot, but...it really didn't make the match any better. It was really so fast that it didn't have time to mean much.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/05/wwe-extreme-rules-2014.html

Screens -

888d49324722011.jpg

c2f3bd324723334.jpg

495f5c324723347.jpg

87f8f4324726244.jpg

e2d0b0324727886.jpg

50cce7324726375.jpg

0de8ba324739144.jpg

e75af8324739150.jpg

7aaf70324739570.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/37aeevbne84tfrjppeyesorecrolxkf0

- I don't know what the fuck was going on with the preshow match. It was a bull, Hornswoggle being a bully, and a squadron of jobbers bumping off of midgets. It was awesome. Hornswoggle grabbing Torito by the horns just to punch him in the face was just mean and awesome.

- 3 way match was boring. I dozed off shortly after Swaggie got eliminated. It was weird how no one knew that it was an elimination rules. The match felt like it went on forever.

- Woke back up to some Bad News. The match was surprisingly short and the right guy won. Either Wade is getting over as a face or Big E. is such a buzz kill. All of Wade's spots seemed to be well received by the crowd while anytime E. countered something or did a move, the crowd wasn't having it. He even stopped before the big spear spot and looked like "You're supposed to cheer for me."

- Shield/Evolution was boring until they had Reigns do the hot tag. For a hate feud, they probably picked the wrong stipulation. It was nauseating to hear the commentary give Evolution a verbal blow job the entire match. Also, Batista didn't get the "wear all black" memo. But really, idk. Dean's striking is worst than Jeff Hardy's striking. At least Jeff has the drugs excuse. I am really surprised that this didn't close the show. And who the hell came up with the spot that involved Rollins diving head first into the barricade because HHH didn't even bother to try to catch him?

- Blah cage match. Ending was dumb and killed it for me. Everyone who thought that Raw opening was awesome can't possibly bitch about the ending. But the ending made sense considering turning on someone only to cost him a match is a wreslting trope that will not die.

- So, Paige is the Anti-Diva because she can do movez. What does that make Natalya? They have been giving her decent match time and she hasn't tried to get anything over. Also, Tamina looks crazy trying to trash talk. Like she hears voices crazy.

- The dumbest fucking thing on the show was Kane throwing a plugged in monitor into that water area. What the fuck. The whole match was weird, but come on. The match was what it was. Felt like I was watching Raw circa '98.

I really do hope the kid from The Omen is sticking around. That's awesome.

Okay, so was this worth $50? No, probably not.. but $9.99? Abso-fucking-lutely! 

I really liked the Shield and Evolution. Wild brawl. Rollins is insane.

The main event was solid for a Kane match in 2014...  plenty of gimmicks to keep it interesting. Good show.

There's like, no way Bryan was booked to look like a goof on purpose, right?

I... am honestly not sure. On paper, you can see him coming off strong. But in reality, he still escaped and the show ended with Kane's music playing. Maybe we'll get an inferno match next month.

I thought everything on this PPV was great except for the cage match which was awful. Gregg and I are already fighting about it on twitter. Both guys look worse than they did before the match, and the story they told was mind numbing.

• Like 1

Can't believe Sheamus was on the panel.

PPV was largely meh outside of an amazing six-man. Only thing I will say is that while it was a meh show, I think the angles were strong and the directions they are going in are solid.

Cena and Bray probably have a good match in them, but they sure as hell didn't have it tonight. I liked what they at least tried to do at Mania, even though they didn't accomplish it well... this was just a mess from all angles and both guys, the feud, came out looking awful.

Evolution/Shield was very good, with Batista surprisingly putting in probably the best performance on Evolution's side.

I thought everything on this PPV was great except for the cage match which was awful. Gregg and I are already fighting about it on twitter. Both guys look worse than they did before the match, and the story they told was mind numbing.

Really? I think Cena looks great coming out of this match. There was about 10 different times where he overcame two of the three Wyatts and basically had the match won. 

Bray on the other hand, yeah, he looks like a chump.

They went 1 for 3 on the big matches tonight. Shield/Evolution knocked it out of the park, but Wyatt/Cena was dumb as hell even before the WTF finish and Bryan/Kane was a pretty big letdown as well. I don't know why I expected more from a Kane match, but whatever. Not a good show overall.

I really don't see how WWE can insist on banning blood while putting people through flaming tables. If Shield/Evolution had blood, it'd be the MOTY by a mile.

Opening Three Way, IC Match, Six Man, and Divas matches were fine.

God that cage match was fucking abysmal.  And the voice modulated kid is right out of mid-level WCW shit.  Just when I get sold on the Wyatt's, they get booked back to being hokey midcarders.

That main was bad.  Not really bad, but Under-Control-Russo bad.  And the fucking fued isn't over.

The pre-show match was...memorable in several ways, few of them good. God bless 3MB for taking crazy bumps in it though. Show wasn't doing much for me until Evolution-Shield. That was iffy at the start, but really got going when they did crowd brawling. Roman was "made" here kicking out of the Pedigree and scoring the win. Cena-Wyatt was a fucking clown shoe. Fight scenes in Married With Children were easier to suspend your disbelief for. All the voice modulator stuff was goofy, but entertaining. Main event was largely dreadful. I didn't expect a flaming table spot, but...it really didn't make the match any better. It was really so fast that it didn't have time to mean much.

Yeah, they really needed to give that table spot another moment to settle in. 

Pretty much in agreement with your thoughts, Jay.

Crowd was surprisingly silent for a lot of the show. They got really loud at various points, but weren't as hot as I was expecting a special/PPV crowd from New Jersey to sound.

I have no desire to see another major Kane match in 2014, although if it's Bryan+Shield vs. Kane+Evolution, I'd be OK with it. But ideally, Kane would be gone.