DVDVR Message Board

General Youtube Nonsense

I haven't watched this yet, but figured some of my fellow soap opera fans would be interested in this.  It's a short doc about actor Chris Robinson--he played Rick Webber on General Hospital for years.  He was also the lead in the 1970s low-budget horror film Stanley.  He invested over $100,000 in BEANIE BABIES, and now the little dust magnets ain't worth jack.  He's bankrupt because of this.  His son directed the documentary.

I haven't watched this yet, but figured some of my fellow soap opera fans would be interested in this.  It's a short doc about actor Chris Robinson--he played Rick Webber on General Hospital for years.  He was also the lead in the 1970s low-budget horror film Stanley.  He invested over $100,000 in BEANIE BABIES, and now the little dust magnets ain't worth jack.  He's bankrupt because of this.  His son directed the documentary.

Yikes! Makes me not want to know what Leslie Charleson is looking like these days.

So Youtube has been harassing me for months to change my user name to my real name or the one on my Gmail account. I held off on doing this for a very long time. I give in an hour ago and I am given a Google Plus page. But now I go to Youtube and I can't log in. It says I do not have permission and my password/user name is wrong. This is very frustrating. 

• 2 weeks later...

Back in the mid-90's, before The Learning Channel's lineup became all about pointing at weirdos, they showed actual instructional programming, my personal favorite of which was Furniture To Go.  Normally furniture repair interests me not at all, but the hosts of the show were damned entertaining.  And so, with no further ado, I give you: the Furniture Guys.

• 3 weeks later...

This group of students at an Irish language school in Ireland have been covering a number of relatively mainstream songs - seems to have been getting a lot of buzz.

They got Macklemore and Ryan Lewis to introduce one of their newest ones

• Like 1

The best thing about that meth ad for me is how much the girl looks like my super clean and fastidious ex-girlfriend. It got me thinking about these health education board adverts that used to be shown here when I was at school. These just seemed hilarious at the time, and were quoted to death in the playground.

And the immortal...