DVDVR Message Board

Lego lotr - not as fun as i was expecting. 

Not a bad game though.

I really didn't like how this one they really really made it that you needed to go through the entire story before back tracking for free play. Otherwise... have fun running forever to get back to like the Shire

• Like 1

I decided to start Earthbound on my iPad using a WiiMote as a controller, and have really being enjoying it; maybe as much as I have any RPG from that era. I also managed to get Cave Story to work on the same device using the save file from my PC together with the WiiMote, so that has been great too. 

So I've played Just Cause for 2 days and the bugs/blatant design flaws are already wearing me out.

It's too bad because the basic game concept is actually pretty cool. And it's a huge game world so if it was done right this game would rule. But I'm not sure how much time I'll end up putting into this one.

I decided to start Earthbound on my iPad using a WiiMote as a controller, and have really being enjoying it; maybe as much as I have any RPG from that era. I also managed to get Cave Story to work on the same device using the save file from my PC together with the WiiMote, so that has been great too.

Had no clue such a thing is possible. It works and looks great on the WiiU game pad but still that's pretty cool.

Bought my first portable system ever in a 3DS XL about a month ago and I really don't know what the hell took me so long.  I have a 2nd job that leaves me a good 10 hours per week where I literally have nothing to do but sit and wait for others to go home, and this fills that time perfectly (and a lot more healthy than binge eating delivery pizza or finding where everyones candy drawer is in the building).  

Right now I'm about 60 hours deep into Animal Crossing: New Leaf and it's fantastic.  I love the new angle where you are the mayor of your town and have to build a whole bunch of cool shit.  I'm in love with the Happy Home Showcase.  I can go to Disneyland for a few hours and get dozens of new houses to check out and poach items from (many of which get me tons on Japanese exclusive stuff).  

Other than that, I waste all my time playing Simpsons: Tapped Out on my phone, which is great for a Simpsons junkie.

Two hours in (though I think I have not gotten as far as they expect you to) Shadowrun is fun.  Not blowing my mind or anything, but I'm enjoying myself in spite of the slightly old school controls (seriously, no "hold the mouse button and you'll walk toward the pointer even as you move the pointer" option?) and occasional sound glitches.  

Jake Armitage is way less cool than he was when I was fifteen.

MERCENARY KINGS (early access)

What if Metal Slug was also Phantasy Star Online? Well, then it'd be fucking awesome. Mercenary Kings is a four player sidescrolling "dungeon" crawler, with completely customizable and crafted weapons (as in, each part of the gun will contribute different stats to the complete gun) and currently around 60 missions. Again, it's an early access thing, like the Minecraft beta, so it's occasionally buggy and it doesn't have the full suite of content yet, but I've been having a fucking blast with it so far.

Not a bad game though.

I really didn't like how this one they really really made it that you needed to go through the entire story before back tracking for free play. Otherwise... have fun running forever to get back to like the Shire

Yeah, one of my best friends said it was the least favourite Lego game out of the ones he played. Shame for him as he's big into The Lord of the Rings.

Not a bad game though.

Two things that would make this game immeasureably better - blacksmiths in every townstead.

The other would be a legend showing where quests are located - I swear blind I had a quest for a skeletal sword or bow. Can I find it now on the map? Can I buggery...

Good that they included tom Bombardill in the list of purhcaseable characters. Now if i can only find out who does explosives...

So I've played Just Cause for 2 days and the bugs/blatant design flaws are already wearing me out.

It's too bad because the basic game concept is actually pretty cool. And it's a huge game world so if it was done right this game would rule. But I'm not sure how much time I'll end up putting into this one.

Just Cause 1 or Just Cause 2?  I guess it doesn't matter.  I liked both games, but both of them underutilized the grappling arm and other gimmicks, mostly you're just as well off running and gunning.

The first one. It went up at the bargain basement price of $0.27 during the Steam summer sale and a friend bought a copy for himself and for me.

There's this annoying bug I've encountered where while free roaming you keep hearing the police shout "Stop right there citizen!" and other such things, and it sounds like they are standing right on top of you, but there's nobody there and you have no wanted level. I had to turn in-game dialogue off to make the game tolerable. The driving controls on PC are also basically Drunk Driving: The Game. There are things where you can tell it's a PC port of a console game with minimal work done to transfer it over, and I can see now having played it why some people were annoyed that it never got a major patch.

So yeah, there be issues. I do enjoy the town liberation parts you get to do between missions. They are like the GTA III rampages, but not horrible and with an actual point. And the actual game concept is a good one. Just wish the execution was more solid.

Finished Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon on PSN. I'm disappointed that there is no final boss, but this game.is.awesome.

It's pretty much the Saints Row: The Third of first-person shooters. I'm not going to spoil the last section but....I'm gonna fire mah lazor.

Funny you should ask. My brother hasn't been the same since our sister drowned. The one thing that makes him happy is sports games. So we actually took off for California for this big tournament. It was crazy, we hitchhiked the whole way making money by my little brother hustling people at Madden and NBA 2K. Memories...

• Like 1

The first one. It went up at the bargain basement price of $0.27 during the Steam summer sale and a friend bought a copy for himself and for me.

There's this annoying bug I've encountered where while free roaming you keep hearing the police shout "Stop right there citizen!" and other such things, and it sounds like they are standing right on top of you, but there's nobody there and you have no wanted level. I had to turn in-game dialogue off to make the game tolerable. The driving controls on PC are also basically Drunk Driving: The Game. There are things where you can tell it's a PC port of a console game with minimal work done to transfer it over, and I can see now having played it why some people were annoyed that it never got a major patch.

So yeah, there be issues. I do enjoy the town liberation parts you get to do between missions. They are like the GTA III rampages, but not horrible and with an actual point. And the actual game concept is a good one. Just wish the execution was more solid.

IIRC the cars controlled like shit on the Xbox version too.  And the liberations are the best part of both games.

I got Crazy Taxi for my phone.  Good version, though it is hard learning to re-do all the special moves.  But it does have the original soundtrack.

Also picked up Aliens: Colonial Marines because it hit that $20 price point that I won't kick myself if it's a shit game.  But it's not bad so far, though I am only about 3 missions in.

I played fallout 3 for about 60 hours before my save file got corrupted somehow. Totally turned me off to the xbox for a while.

Been playing both yoshis island and final fantasy 4 for the gba during my downtime. Already beat zeromus and am running through the lunar ruins on ffiv and am on stage 5-5 in yoshis island.

I've got a spare Steam key for Gratuitous Space Battles.It's not my favorite game ever, but it has big pew-pew space battles and can run on a toaster.  First to PM gets it.

• Like 1