DVDVR Message Board

I am currently going through (i.e. finishing) some games I bought in the last years. I finished Arkham Asylum a week ago and currently playing Uncharted 2. Still on the stack are Assassin's Creed: Revelations and Red Dead Redemption.

I was in a game store today and had to choose between GTA V (55 €), Assassin's Creed IV (60 €), Dragon Age II (20 €) and Uncharted 3 (20 €). I chose the last two games and will probably get the other two in a year or so when they are available for 30 € or so.

If you want a goddamned deal, that Deus Ex Director's cut shit is 8 bucks on gamersgate and it just fucking came out. I ain't got no goddamned idea if it makes anything better, but it should still be the same basic game that was pretty motherfucking good two years ago.I'm slightly pissed that I didn't buy Ghostbusters the video game when it was 5 bucks the other day. On the other hand, I already beat the game on PC so it isn't like I'm actually missing anythings.Why is it that this Marble Mania game on Wii is so goddamned expensive as soon as I am aware that it exists and I want it?

20€ for Dragon Age 2?

Wow.

I know that DA2 was not received as well as Origins and I could probably get it for something like 15 € or so online, but 20 € is below a threshold where if I end up not liking a game I don't feel I wasted any money.

Dragon Age 2 was one of those games where after I beat it I just wondered how I could've better wasted my life. Didn't really think the story was a disappointment, it was equally as cliched as the first. Hated how equipment worked. Both for the main character and how you had almost no input on equipping the rest of the party. Ending was dumb, but at least there was a boss as opposed to Mass Effect 3. The last bosses sucked and were contrived but at least there were some fucking bosses. Nothing in 2 comes close to the High Dragon fight from Origins. When you fight the bigass dragon in 2 it is one of the most boring fights you'll ever endure.

THIS is all nothing to say about the magically spawning enemies and insanely reused maps. Holy shit. Like, I can give any game a chance but if you just have doors blocked by stone and use the exact same cave you are a lazy motherfucker.

So I bought the newest humblebundle with the two Batman games city and asylum GOTY editions. Played city for about an hour and loving it so far. Can't wait to get more into it and this bundle came perfectly as I'm getting the ps3 bundle on Black Friday for my birthday with the newest Batman game. 

Also with this humblebundle came Scribblenauts Unlimited and F.E.A.R. 2 & 3 as well as LOTR War in the North.

Okay, I fully beat Super Metroid on the Wii U gamepad screen. At first I hated the d-pad because it seemed like it would always want to cancel out of a spin jump. I still think it's a little oversensitive on the transition from horizontal to diagonal. Contra is prob'ly a no go. On further reflection and testing of a real snes, it seems like the game is just made that way. God damn good. Obviously I ain't goin' to pay this much for pilotwings or vegas stakes but it is still the same fucking insanely good game.

Two trophies away from another Platinum, this time with Dante's Inferno. Very easy game for the most part.

Hard mode circle 4 or 5 kicked my ass. in the end traded that one in because it wasn't all that fun anymore.

Still - got me into reading the divine comedy, so theres that.

Still powering through BL2 - thanks to Brisco for joining me the past couple of tuesday evenings (afternoons, brisco's time, obv...)

• Like 1

Two trophies away from another Platinum, this time with Dante's Inferno. Very easy game for the most part.

Hard mode circle 4 or 5 kicked my ass. in the end traded that one in because it wasn't all that fun anymore.

Still - got me into reading the divine comedy, so theres that.

Still powering through BL2 - thanks to Brisco for joining me the past couple of tuesday evenings (afternoons, brisco's time, obv...)

Unfortunately, there isn't a trophy for completing the game in hard mode. You can get the Platinum in one and a half playthroughs on easy/classic mode.

The Platinum for Dead Space on the other hand -- oooh boy.

Right now, I'm trying to get a Platinum for Darksiders and having the hardest time with the "Aerial Predator" trophy.

Get it cheap now. It's either going to spike in price or just become hard to find. Either way it won' be re-released.

Got it. 8 bucks at Gamestop, what a steal. It really is a fun game. Treasure is one crazy ass company. Any big game company would be super smart to buy them up and give them a budget.

Got me some FFXIII. Just got to the part where the NORA rebellion goes to hell and Hope's mom dies.

He's gonna be an emo twat and make me hate this game, isn't he?

Also, Vanille is WAAAAAAYYYY too chipper for this shit. I could use whatever she's on for dealing with work.

• Like 1

I had my progress on Pinball Arcade for the droid reset when my old phone died, so I'm trying to unlock everything on the season 1 tables again.  I somehow managed to score over 6 billion on Twilight Zone.  I got in a groove and I think I got "Lost in the Zone" 3 times in one game.

Gog's new release for today was Wasteland.  If other 1980s CRPGs I've bought in the last five years and tried to play are any indication, I will get less than four hours into it before I say "fuck it" and wander back to Bioshock or something.  But I kind of feel like I have to try.

Also: Shadow Warrior 2013 was on sale this past weekend on Steam.  HOLY SHIT.  If someone had told me that Duke Nukem's racially insensitive little brother would be rebooted as the best FPS I've seen this year not called Bioshock Infinite, I would have laughed and possibly called them offensive names.  But this game is really, really fun.  Could use some multiplayer though.

• Like 1

Got me some FFXIII. Just got to the part where the NORA rebellion goes to hell and Hope's mom dies.He's gonna be an emo twat and make me hate this game, isn't he?Also, Vanille is WAAAAAAYYYY too chipper for this shit. I could use whatever she's on for dealing with work.

Hope has his moments.

Vanille is on some serious uppers - kinda made me want an outtake where the others just slap her upside the bonce.

I had my progress on Pinball Arcade for the droid reset when my old phone died, so I'm trying to unlock everything on the season 1 tables again.  I somehow managed to score over 6 billion on Twilight Zone.  I got in a groove and I think I got "Lost in the Zone" 3 times in one game.

I hate that table (on PS3).  The colors are a mess, it's hard to time stuff because none of the camera angles shows your ball well and I just find the table itself uninteresting.  I was really, really disappointed when I first fired it up after hearing so many great things about it.

Then there's the Star Trek table, another I don't like very much (but do like more than TZ).  First game I ever played, I got something like 3.5 billion.  After dozens more games, that's still my high score.  I still have no idea how I did that.

SInce you no doubt will now wonder, my favorites: Attack from Mars, Funhouse, Medieval Madness, Terminator 2.  If Attack From Mars didn't have an awful bug (intentionally introduced) that causes loops to randomly generate STDMs, I might not ever play another table.  Farsight fixed that on Android but "couldn't" on PS3.