DVDVR Message Board

Was playing GTA San Andreas again since I can't really afford a PS3 to play GTA 5 (#FirstWorldProblems) but my character has glitched out on me, weirdly. After I did that Green Goo mission, just walking around suddenly CJ has spawned this weird draw error, where he has like this polygon pyramid sticking out of his body, and weirdly enough reloading my save didn't make it go away.

So since I'm not playing that way, I guess that's 27 hours of play time down the tubes.

I'm playing some TEW13, installed a mod where WCW remains open in 2001 and am just watching from afar whilst booking NWA Wildside. On the first Raw show, WWF has booked an Albert and Dean Malenko tag team and I am suddenly sad that I didn't get to see that random pairing.

WWF have also signed the Bushwhackers, Greg Valentine, Corporal Kirchner and Jake Roberts. Slightly more sensible signings in Viscera and Tommy Dreamer. I've definitely made the right choice in watching the AI book this lot.

WCW Slamboree 01 had a Flair/Luger vs. Steiners main event and Buff Bagwell beating Mike Awesome. If this game is good at bringing new workers, developing current ones and growing the world, I'll love this.

I'm playing some TEW13, installed a mod where WCW remains open in 2001 and am just watching from afar whilst booking NWA Wildside. On the first Raw show, WWF has booked an Albert and Dean Malenko tag team and I am suddenly sad that I didn't get to see that random pairing.

WWF have also signed the Bushwhackers, Greg Valentine, Corporal Kirchner and Jake Roberts. Slightly more sensible signings in Viscera and Tommy Dreamer. I've definitely made the right choice in watching the AI book this lot.

WCW Slamboree 01 had a Flair/Luger vs. Steiners main event and Buff Bagwell beating Mike Awesome. If this game is good at bringing new workers, developing current ones and growing the world, I'll love this.

It's pretty great. Does that mod use pre-set or random potential? That will greatly influence if you get guys like Cena becoming huge stars or Kid Kash main eventing WWF.

Was playing GTA San Andreas again since I can't really afford a PS3 to play GTA 5 (#FirstWorldProblems) but my character has glitched out on me, weirdly. After I did that Green Goo mission, just walking around suddenly CJ has spawned this weird draw error, where he has like this polygon pyramid sticking out of his body, and weirdly enough reloading my save didn't make it go away.

So since I'm not playing that way, I guess that's 27 hours of play time down the tubes.

FWIW when I had that problem I solved it by saving into a new slot and then reloading.  Your mileage may vary.

• Like 1

It looks like Gamestop is starting to make room for the next gen systems as they are offering massive discounts on pre-owned current gen systems

Original 360s - $99.99 (up to $50 savings)

360 Slim (4 GB HD) - $119.99 (up to $80 savings)

Any model PS3 - $149.99 (up to $150 savings)

I guess I will ask tomorrow when I go to pick up my son's Pokemon X tomorrow

It looks like Gamestop is starting to make room for the next gen systems as they are offering massive discounts on pre-owned current gen systems

Original 360s - $99.99 (up to $50 savings)

360 Slim (4 GB HD) - $119.99 (up to $80 savings)

Any model PS3 - $149.99 (up to $150 savings)

I guess I will ask tomorrow when I go to pick up my son's Pokemon X tomorrow

Be very careful with original 360s. I bought one from Gamestop one time that I could tell was modded and it RROD'ed on me too. By the time I could do anything about it or it had RROD'ed, it was too late.

It's pretty great. Does that mod use pre-set or random potential? That will greatly influence if you get guys like Cena becoming huge stars or Kid Kash main eventing WWF.

I think it's pre-set as when I was briefly messing around with WCW in another game, it was mentioning guys like Cena, Batista, Punk etc. as stars of the future.

Got another Platinum trophy with Infamous.....Hard Mode was only frustrating at the final boss battle. I practically speed-run through it (started it yesterday morning and was done by 9:00 pm that night).

Trying to collect the last trophies in God of War HD (got about 6 or so before a Platinum).

Considering that I've never played a Pokemon game, I'm intrigued by it and would get Pokemon X & Y (and you know there will be a Pokemon Z). I may just wait until Black Friday and see if there's a deal for those games. Considering how much of a time-sink Fire Emblem: Awakening was, I'm hoping Pokemon X/Y is very similar.

Started playing Beyond: Two Souls.  Not sure if the disjointed storytelling (the game goes back and forth between different periods of the main character's life) is really effective or hurts the game.

A lot of people that have played the game are comparing the game to a Robert Altman film or a Quentin Tarantino film in terms of the story setup. It may be the first non-linear storytelling video game which is sorta neat. I'm thinking of getting it myself, but as always I'll wait until it's cheaper.

TELEGLITCH- top down minimalist survival horror. Manages to create a disturbing mood with very, very little. I've actually found it to be too stressful to play at length, so, I'll probably beat it in like three years. Really clever game, worth checking out if you like Quake-era texture work and anxiety.

these two are not new games, just shit I finally got around to

RENEGADE OPS- Skip the ending. The actual video game is pretty good, especially if you have multiple people. Make it a score/difficulty passtime thing. Totally skip the ending.

FTL- Airtight design right up until the final boss which changes the rules of the whole game dramatically. That's not great, but everything up until that is awesome.

Some drunk guy ordered a Wii U and sent it to my house last week. Since then I've been vultching on any deal I get a whiff of. I got a brand new pro controller for 12 bucks at best buy. Then, toys r us had a buy 1 get the other one 40% off deal so I just went ahead and preordered Mario 3D world and new Link to the past. Even though they almost queered the deal with HORSESHIT sales tax. I would never fucking preorder. It's a scam. So why did I do it? Fuck you.I still think it should be called Super Mario World 3D.NSMB U is god damned good and making NSMB2 look like hot dogshit on dew covered grass. It has the magic. Fucking d-pad on this big honking controller is the best fucking d-pad nintendo has put out in years. Buttons are good too. Everything is squishy but not shitty like PS3 start button. Last great d-pad and buttons were original GBA. Once they started in on that clicky horseshit it was all down th' shitter.Like, the controller feels so fucking good I'm almost tempted to get super metroid even though I have the real cartridge and could also just as easily play it on emulator with an N64 controller. Someone will get drunk.

• Like 1

Apparently, Guardic (early Compile shooter, sequel/gaiden game was released here as The Guardian Legend, one of my all time favorite NES games) has been on the iOS store for two years.  It's $4, not optimized for iPad and has no support for wireless controllers like the iCade.

I still have to play it once my iPad charges.