DVDVR Message Board

100 hours into Skyrim and I'm not even close to finishing the main quest, the thief guild quests, the dragon priest mask quests, the daedric quests and becoming a Thane in five holds.  I also have a lot of places to find: caves, dwemer ruins and orc strongholds.  So much to do!  My character is a mage primarily using the Archmage's Robes and Morokei to fuel massive destruction spells, but I've had to lean on my conjuring skills recently because I made my destruction skill legendary.  "Oh hai bandit.  Here's a dremora lord to play with!"

So a question: how good/important is the DLC?  I already bought Hearthfire and have built two houses (my family lives at Lakeview Manor), but how are Dawnguard and Dragonborn?

Just went through Dawnguard for the first time. It was good, though I'd look for it during a sale. Lots of sidequests for minor characters but the main quest for the vampire hunters isn't all that long. You'd get more out of it as a vampire, of course.

Haven't played Dragonborn's storyline at all but it adds a pretty big island you can visit by boat.

Playing NCAA 14 almost daily and bounce between ultimate team, Heisman mode and an online dynasty with a friend. In fact I have yet to start my own dynasty or season on it. I have a feeling I will play the shit out of this one even after I get Madden 25.

Conversely, I have also been playing Sleeping Dogs and wow I am enjoying it thoroughly.

Guest The Magnificent 7

I beat the Xcom.  Saved the planet.  Great game.

Playing State of Decay now, and it is brilliant. 

Thought they were done with Street Fighter IV?

Nope, FIVE MORE characters for SFIV (a whole new iteration)

• Elena
  • Rolento
  • Hugo
  • Poison
  • [To be announced later, new to SF]

K, seriously? FUCK Capcom. How many god damn version of the SAME DAMN GAME are they going to try and get me to buy? It's bad enough I had to buy this twice already, and buy two different versions of MvsC3.

I just finished the main run-thru of BIOSHOCK INFINITE. Pretty good game, although the ending was seriously WTF.  Before that, I had been working through ANGRY BIRDS TRILOGY on my 360. I finished everything, now I'm working through getting all the golden Eagles and finding all the eggs. Before that, I hammered through INJUSTICE. Played through it to finish it with Captain Whitebread and Teth-Adam. Played a few STAR Labs missions. Before that, I had finished the main mission on DRAGON AGE and was running the DLC. THink I might put in MASS EFFECT 2 next. When I get bored, I load up FALLOUT 3 or FALL-OUT: NEW VEGAS for shit and giggles. I've got almost every ending on NV... I just need to run it through saving Vegas for myself (done it for House, NCR and Caesar so far).

Honestly, as long as they keep doing the $15 DLC upgrade packs, I am totally okay with a new iteration every two years. I just wish theyd bring back Challenge Mode from SFIV Vanilla, because I love that type of thing when it's "win a match under condition X" and not the "do this combo" bullshit that was all we got in Super and AE.

Thought they were done with Street Fighter IV?

Nope, FIVE MORE characters for SFIV (a whole new iteration)

[*]Elena

[*]Rolento

[*]Hugo

[*]Poison

[*][To be announced later, new to SF]

K, seriously? FUCK Capcom. How many god damn version of the SAME DAMN GAME are they going to try and get me to buy? It's bad enough I had to buy this twice already, and buy two different versions of MvsC3.

I have been playing The Pinball Arcade a lot, specificially the Attack From Mars table.  Somewhere in the last month or two, I figured out how to nudge more often and in better ways and so my scores have improved by leaps and bounds.  I'm now actually 2nd or 3rd in scoring on some tables among my friends instead of 12th.  Considering a few of the guys on my friends list are in the top 10 worldwide on some of these tables, I'm pretty happy with that. 

Other than that, I'm about 1/3 through The Last of Us but I haven't touched it in over a month.  Not real sure why but every time I think about playing it, I fire up Netflix and watch The Office or a movie instead.  Need to finish it so I can move on to Tomb Raider.

Slowly been working through my backlog and I'm working on Hitman: Absolution from PS+.  Working on the Terminus challenges now and I've enjoyed the experience so far.  I also need to go back and work on XCOM.  That is a deceptively fun game.

I'm kinda bad at XCOM. I get through the missions, but certainly not with any grace or skill. Planet Earth is screwed with me at the helm.

Fun game for sure, but it also stresses me out. I end up playing in short bursts because of it. Heh.

Played a bunch more Rogue Legacy. Until SR/GTA hit, this might be my favorite game of the year so far. Really precise gameplay has me tearing my hair out at times, but it's filled with charm that keeps me coming back.

I'm kinda bad at XCOM. I get through the missions, but certainly not with any grace or skill. Planet Earth is screwed with me at the helm. Fun game for sure, but it also stresses me out. I end up playing in short bursts because of it. Heh. Played a bunch more Rogue Legacy. Until SR/GTA hit, this might be my favorite game of the year so far. Really precise gameplay has me tearing my hair out at times, but it's filled with charm that keeps me coming back.

Nobody is good at XCOM! We all scrape through it by the skin of our teeth, broken and bloodied.
  • Like 1

Well, it has been eight months and the Pirate101 train still moves on. The gang hasn't been online in over three months, but we played a little last night and my daughter and I earned enough gold to finally buy houses for ourselves.  I know that my kid has a crapload of furniture in her game attic so she is probably decorating her new place right now while I am slaving over this damned blade server.

I remember when i had my summers off.  Good times.

I don't know what is is about this game and prison breaks.  So far we've rescued El Toro from the clutches of the evil Alcalde Generalisimo and freed a rebel leader from an Armada dungeon in Aragon.  Now we're off to free Napoleguin (yeah, you read that right..) from a Marleybonean prison near Port Regal.

DuckTales Remastered is your game of the year. That is allSeriously, this has to be the best HD upgrade ever done.

You obviously like it a lot more than IGN and Gamespot.  IGN gave it a 7 but Gamespot trashed it.  Both complained about the seemingly endless cutscenes and about the controls.

The controls are fucking perfect.  They're actualyl *BETTER* than the original controls, as in a bit tighter.  I blazed through the Amazon and Transylvania with no issues.  I have no clue what controls they're bitching about.  I can see the bitch about the overload of cutscenes, but they're all skippable.

Complaining about cutscenes is pretty hard when we now live in an era when we have so many games that are essentially "cutscenes you walk through while the game holds your hand".

I mean I love the GTA and Metal Gear Solid games just fine but it's pretty rare that shit actually gets difficult if you grew up on 8-bit games.

Humble Bundle is doing a Humble Origin Bundle. Just pay a $1 to get Dead Space, Burnout Paradise & Mirror's Edge (plus some other games) for PC.

But the problem is that $1 is going to EA.

Actually, it is all going to charity.

And you'd seriously begrudge paying $1 to get all those games due to it being EA? Shame.

I've never owned a PS1 or a PS2, but the PS3 made me a fan of Naughty Dog, so I've recently purchased the Jak & Daxter Trilogy for the PS3.

I've already played and liked the first Jak & Daxter; not as much as any of their PS3 games, but it was good.

But now I'm playing Jak & Daxter 2, so could anyone please tell me what the fuck they were thinking, when they released this broken mess of a game?

This has to be one of the most frustrating experiences I've ever had with a game. I've just reached the point, where I just wanna quit and move on to the next one.

Please tell me the third game is better.