DVDVR Message Board

Can you poison your own children in Crusader Kings 2? That would be one way to avoid this problem.

If so I need to play it at some point.

Nah, you can't plot against your own children. Lame.

You can try Assassination, but that's just throwing money at the problem and having a % of working in your favor.

I'm playing a Crusader Kings 2 succession game with a friend (I play a character, I die and he plays my heir, he dies and I play his heir, etc) and for some reason, even though, I started with a pretty nice character the followings ones are all imbeciles (-8 all stats, everyone dislikes the imbecile).Fun stuff being a Imbecile in the 10th century Cumania.

Double check who is educating them and what abilities they have there stats when they hit legal age is based around the stats of parents and the guardian

I'm playing a Crusader Kings 2 succession game with a friend (I play a character, I die and he plays my heir, he dies and I play his heir, etc) and for some reason, even though, I started with a pretty nice character the followings ones are all imbeciles (-8 all stats, everyone dislikes the imbecile).Fun stuff being a Imbecile in the 10th century Cumania.

Double check who is educating them and what abilities they have there stats when they hit legal age is based around the stats of parents and the guardian

Imbecile parent is likely to produce imbecile offspring.  You could always put an Imbicle heir in charge of an army that's gonna lose and hope he dies in battle.

Assassin's Creed II is absolutely addictive. I love the Villa sim management portion (it scratches the SimCity/Populous itch for me) but absolutely hate the races and some of the assassination contracts.

Assassin's Creed II is absolutely addictive. I love the Villa sim management portion (it scratches the SimCity/Populous itch for me) but absolutely hate the races and some of the assassination contracts.

I finally started this today and had to stop when I lost the first race to my brother like 10 times in a row.

I have a pretty long commute on the bus to/from work so I end up playing a good amount of games on my phone.  I'm currently going through Max Payne and GTA3.  Both are pretty solid conversions from their big brother cousins, though the driving on GTA did take some getting used to with the touch screen.

On PS3, I finished Aliens: Colonial Marines.  The ending sucked; it's one of those shitty "play the DLC to see the real ending" ones.  Also the re-introduction of a character from the original film didn't make any sense.  Overall a decent game though.  I'm still playing online a bit here and there.

Downloaded Tekken Revolution.  For a free to play game, it's surprisingly full featured, though there are some REALLY scrubby players oonline, but that's par for the course for any online fighter I guess.  I don't think the whole token system will really affect me much as I'm not one to play fighting games for hours on end anyway.

Played through the demo of Far Cry: Blood Dragon.  It's cool but I will probably wait until it goes on sale to pick it up.

Just finished Bioshock 2. It was almost exactly the same game as Bioshock. Hopefully Bioshock Infinite has some different stuff going on.

I recommend playing Minerva's Den before moving on - it's definitely one of the best pieces of DLC ever released.

I downloaded and finished Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. It's a beautiful, moving game and a definite game of the year candidate. It combines an innovative, if maddening control scheme (you control two brothers at once, one with the left stick and one with the right) with a narrative that echoes that mechanic throughout. It's out on 360 now but should be on other platforms soon.

Finally beaten Dead Rising and got the 'best' ending. Unlocked Overtime Mode and I really don't care to go through Overtime mode to get Infinity Mode. Capcom can suck a dick with this game. After finding the small chainsaws and three books that extend the life of the chainsaw, the game became ridiculously easy.

This Thor game on DS is the duck's nuts. It's like if Capcom absorbed Quintet and made Actraiser 3 on Sega Saturn but changed it into licensed game for a movie that didn't exist at the time, then hid it in a time capsule. It has some quasi-shitty "new" type gameplay in it. It's got some of that God of War stuff where enemies don't hurt you simply by touch. They have to attack to actually damage. This is okay on the mooks but on the first boss you can just kind of stand on top of it and take no damage unless it rears up. That shit would never have flew back in 1997.I invoke the Actraiser name but I'm talking more of the straight ahead shit that they did in Actraiser 2. No simulation stuff.

100 hours into Skyrim and I'm not even close to finishing the main quest, the thief guild quests, the dragon priest mask quests, the daedric quests and becoming a Thane in five holds.  I also have a lot of places to find: caves, dwemer ruins and orc strongholds.  So much to do!  My character is a mage primarily using the Archmage's Robes and Morokei to fuel massive destruction spells, but I've had to lean on my conjuring skills recently because I made my destruction skill legendary.  "Oh hai bandit.  Here's a dremora lord to play with!"

So a question: how good/important is the DLC?  I already bought Hearthfire and have built two houses (my family lives at Lakeview Manor), but how are Dawnguard and Dragonborn?

I finally broke down and bought Shadowrun Returns instead of waiting for a sale.  Are there any good created campaigns yet?

So I decided to go through red dead again, but this time I'm only gonna do the storyline stuff and that's it. I spent way too many hours last time killing bears with my melee knife to do it all over again.

I said that on my last playthrough.  It took about two hours for me to be out hunting cougars.