DVDVR Message Board

Gratuitous Space Battles is cool but it needs an in-game scenario builder aside from the online challenges. Granted it might be the easiest game to mod this side of Kohan: Ahriman's Gift* so if you do any digging at all you can figure out how to make more in an afternoon.

Feels like a game really tailor made for the hardcore PC gamer. It's really simple stuff but fun. Kind of like lego. With explosions.

*Man, even the mere mention of that old bastard game makes me want to re-install it. Shit was amazing. I made my own mod back in the day where I added like 40 units to the game and changed a bunch of little things I wanted changed, then I built a bunch of custom AI's. They put out their own unit editing software and you could literally build computer AI's in notepad just by tweaking a dozen numbers. Nerd heaven. I wonder if it even runs in Windows 7 or if it's one of those things you have to wait for GOG to fix.

And hey as a follow up no one but me cares about, not only does K:AG still work on my current laptop, but the damn auto patcher option actually still connects to something and works.

Given that the game came out in like 2001 and the last time I played this I was using a MILLENNIUM EDITION PC, I'm not sure which of those two things shocks me more.

Also, tracking down the official K-Mod tool took me all of 10 seconds. There are times I really love PC gaming.

Bought the latest HumbleBundle, Saints row 2, Saints Row The 3rd w/ all DLC, Risen 2, Sacred 2, & Dead Island GOTY edition. Been playing Dead Island the last few days and been playing more and more of Guild Wars 2. 

Thinking of playing through Saints Row 2 before I start on The Third. 

I have no clue about Risen or Sacred. Haven't really heard about them but will give them a try in the next few weeks.

Crackdown is super dated and you hear the horrible Si Senor song that was the Mexican Powers theme in AAA constantly and that song makes me want to kill people.  Luckily that's the point of the game.  The song is still infuriating though.

Got to Wily's fortress in Mega Man 9 after all these years.  Fuck you, magma beams.  And especially fuck stage 2 for me running out of weapons and it being so damn hard without a place to farm for power-ups like the part in stage 1 with the floating eye things after killing the dragon.

Got to Wily's fortress in Mega Man 9 after all these years.  Fuck you, magma beams.  And especially fuck stage 2 for me running out of weapons and it being so damn hard without a place to farm for power-ups like the part in stage 1 with the floating eye things after killing the dragon.

This sounds like a fake Mad Magazine quote from some sort of "Nintendo in the future" parody deal.

sitting waiting for my lunch today, I was playing Family Feud on my phone

"Name something you would find on a submarine"

After guessing "periscope, torpedos and sailors," I guessed "Sonar"

X

So, after getting my three strikes, what is one of the remaining answers?

"Radar"

[facepalm]

My girlfriend saw that I was having a shitty day and ended up gifting me a copy of Rogue Legacy. Her Internet is ridiculously slow so I probably won't be playing tonight, but its the next game I tackle, I think.

More Crysis 3 as well. It's indistinguishable from the second game. The very definition of "more of the same."

I'm playing a Crusader Kings 2 succession game with a friend (I play a character, I die and he plays my heir, he dies and I play his heir, etc) and for some reason, even though, I started with a pretty nice character the followings ones are all imbeciles (-8 all stats, everyone dislikes the imbecile).

Fun stuff being a Imbecile in the 10th century Cumania.

The only way I would buy Aliens: Colonial Marines is either I get it gifted on Steam or it's $5 for retail copy or someone just gives me a PS3 copy.

I'm about halfway through the single player and it's not bad.  Yeah, it's a little underwhelming but the reviews I read made this seem like it would be a terrible game.  I've certainly played a lot worse FPS games.  The multiplayer is pretty solid too, though there are not a whole lot of people playing it so it does take a while to find matches sometimes.