DVDVR Message Board

MAY PHOTO THREAD

I'd also love to know how or why WWE takes a basically random indy wrestler and makes them into a ref. If you want a ref, there's a million on the indy scene.

More experience in bumping and getting physical would be a plus over a random non wrestler ref.

Drake is one of the few people I know who actually look younger balder.

I'd also love to know how or why WWE takes a basically random indy wrestler and makes them into a ref. If you want a ref, there's a million on the indy scene.

The short version is he went to a tryout camp and they liked his attitude. I've been on a # of shows with younger and he's an incredibly nice & hard working guy. 

Former wrestlers becoming refs really isn't that unusual though.

WWE has several allready. Scott Armstrong of course but WWE's asian ref (don't know the name he uses there if he even has one) is former Nor Cal indy wrestler Bao Nguyen aka Bonzai Bruce Bukakke (yes he really used that name  on the indies), probably others besides them too. 

And even beyond WWE it's pretty common. 

Drake is basically the nicest and most positive human being in existence, so it's also cool to see for that reason.

• Like 2

Cool to see Drake get the gig, but I can't see him going up north as a ref. That forehead of his would be like installing a giant neon sign over his head blinking "ACTUAL WRESTLER."

Good to see Punk's finally found a toothbrush, shame he can't find a fucking comb though.

How stylish should one look while in the outside elements at a Tough Mudder? 

• Like 6

Triple H looks like a referee cosplayer getting his picture taken next to cardboard cutouts.  So excited to be seen even with Cardboard Bryan (his dopey smile is a nice touch); trying out his stern, serious face next to Cardboard Randy.