DVDVR Message Board

MAY WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

I was think about the Carlito Caribbean Cool gimmick today.  Why the fuck did he have an apple?  I guess it was an easier gimmick to get than a snake or a parrot.  His catch phrase was silly too.  "I spit in the face of people who don't want to be cool"?  Who doesn't want to be cool?  I don't get it.  

• Like 1

So you liked "Army tank with a Ferrari engine", but didn't like Carlito's gimmick?

Someone get me an apple.

I didn't say I didn't like it.  I just don't get it.  He is mad at people for not wanting to be cool.  It would be different if he didn't like you because you weren't cool.  Plus if he liked apples o much why would he waste them by spitting them in people's faces.  Why not just spit on them?  That is so much more insulting and instigating.

So you liked "Army tank with a Ferrari engine", but didn't like Carlito's gimmick?

Someone get me an apple.

It's probably because Carlito and his gimmick sucked.

He spits in the face of people who don't want to be *his definition* of cool.  "Cool" is subjective.

He had apples just to spit in people's faces.  I think it's pretty obvious he didn't actually like them, otherwise he'd have swallowed.*

*I'll leave that line open for anyone who wants to run with it.

• Like 2

I was think about the Carlito Caribbean Cool gimmick today.  Why the fuck did he have an apple?  I guess it was an easier gimmick to get than a snake or a parrot.  His catch phrase was silly too.  "I spit in the face of people who don't want to be cool"?  Who doesn't want to be cool?  I don't get it.  

Because I guess it was easier to walk around with an apple instead of a basket of canepas.

• Like 1

The Carlito gimmick was awesome and should have led to a long run in the upper card. A shame that the guy behind it did not give two damns and never allowed it to flourish. Given that it was almost a decade ago when Carlito was introduced, and there was about 12 years between Razor and Carlito, I would not mind if someone else got that gimmick again.

• Like 1