DVDVR Message Board

MAY WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

My great-grandfather once faked a heart attack (long story)

We have time......

I'll have to write this out when I'm working from home tomorrow and some downtime.

So basically I was about 5 years old and was staying at my grandma's place for the summer with my aunts, cousins and my great-grandfather. All of my aunts and my grandmom were at work and it was just me, my one 11 year old cousin and my 14 year old aunt and my great-grandfather. We lived out in the country so it wasn't that big of a deal for us kids to roam around everywhere as we had other relatives living nearby. So I'm sitting in the living room with my great-grandfather, watching tv and he just kinda keels over and lays on the ground. Just out of nowhere. I'm 5 years old and have no clue what's going on so I get my cousin and aunt b/c they're older. They freak the fuck out b/c they think he's dead and I remember being pretty calm and saying, "hmmm, maybe we should get Aunt Earline (our retired aunt who lived next door) b/c she's grown-up and you're both still kids like me." So we get my aunt and she comes to the house and she flips out. Calls 911, calls all of our other relatives, get people to come back from work. I remember calling my one aunt who kinda ran the household. Calling her was huge b/c it was she was like the last resort b/c she could not take time off unless it was an absolute emergency. So she hauls ass back to the house. Everyone's at the house, EMT's arrive, etc. As soon as they're about to start doing CPR and all that, my great-grandfather no sold everything and did what can best be described as an Undertaker sit-up and goes, "I just wanted to see if ya'll loved granddaddy". My aunt read him the fucking riot act and the EMTs went nuts but what can you really do to an 85 year old dude? The gif of Teddy Long's heart attack is exactly how he fell out of his chair.

Frankly, I'm offended it took you the better part of the year since you've joined to tell us this story.

Gregg tells us daily stories about trips to the DMV and the first time he figured out how to piss standing up and here you've been sitting on this for this long. 

• Like 18

Those episodes of Sky Sports News were a pretty good effort, normally they end with lingerie clad lovelies running after the host and a small bald man getting patted on the head.

Is a tricycle involved at any point?

We have time......
I'll have to write this out when I'm working from home tomorrow and some downtime.
... As soon as they're about to start doing CPR and all that, my great-grandfather no sold everything and did what can best be described as an Undertaker sit-up and goes, "I just wanted to see if ya'll loved granddaddy". ...
I wish that I could run out of likes, just on this post alone.

I'm not even doing the whole ridiculousness of it justice honestly. He literally lay prone on the ground for like 2 hours, playing dead, my aunt and my cousins/aunts trying to pick him up and get him responsive and then he no-sold the entire thing when the EMT's got there. It was basically Super Cena by an 85 year old dude back in 1984.

• Like 1

If this were a film and assuming he's not still alive and 115 years old, he would show up at your door tomorrow and do the Taker eye roll as you turned the lights on.

Are you absolutely certain he wasn't an extraterrestrial going into to an interstellar communications trance and then just covering?

How do YOU know that the closest our human language could come toward expressing their alien communique was "I just wanted to see if y'all loved grandaddy?"

• Like 1

Did the Hulkamania Tour do well money-wise? It just seems like something that Hogan could have complete control over, and run part time, while doing whatever else he wants, all while giving his friends some decent paydays.

So basically I was about 5 years old and was staying at my grandma's place for the summer with my aunts, cousins and my great-grandfather. All of my aunts and my grandmom were at work and it was just me, my one 11 year old cousin and my 14 year old aunt and my great-grandfather. We lived out in the country so it wasn't that big of a deal for us kids to roam around everywhere as we had other relatives living nearby. So I'm sitting in the living room with my great-grandfather, watching tv and he just kinda keels over and lays on the ground. Just out of nowhere. I'm 5 years old and have no clue what's going on so I get my cousin and aunt b/c they're older. They freak the fuck out b/c they think he's dead and I remember being pretty calm and saying, "hmmm, maybe we should get Aunt Earline (our retired aunt who lived next door) b/c she's grown-up and you're both still kids like me." So we get my aunt and she comes to the house and she flips out. Calls 911, calls all of our other relatives, get people to come back from work. I remember calling my one aunt who kinda ran the household. Calling her was huge b/c it was she was like the last resort b/c she could not take time off unless it was an absolute emergency. So she hauls ass back to the house. Everyone's at the house, EMT's arrive, etc. As soon as they're about to start doing CPR and all that, my great-grandfather no sold everything and did what can best be described as an Undertaker sit-up and goes, "I just wanted to see if ya'll loved granddaddy". My aunt read him the fucking riot act and the EMTs went nuts but what can you really do to an 85 year old dude? The gif of Teddy Long's heart attack is exactly how he fell out of his chair.

There's no way you're black. If my grandpa would've tried this shit, everyone but my grandpa and his German Shepard would've kicked his ass until the EMT stepped in.

Amazing story. Will read again.

• Like 2

Anyone following these Kurt Angle comeback videos on YouTube?

I was pleasantly surprised to see that he's going to AA meetings a few times a week and not taking any painkillers for his ACL surgery. Really happy to see him cleaning up.

I'm still holding out hope for a WWE return. One spot fest with Daniel Bryan, then a HOF induction.

Did the Hulkamania Tour do well money-wise? It just seems like something that Hogan could have complete control over, and run part time, while doing whatever else he wants, all while giving his friends some decent paydays.

They got better numbers to their Melbourne show than TNA did. Even with a Flair v Hogan main event that had no leg drop and ended on a brass knux spot it was well received.

No idea how it went globally but going in with no expectations I had an awesome time.

I remember the tickets going for half price on the day of the show, not sure whether they made money on it per se, but got very good attendance numbers just the same.

....wait, TNA had a show in Melbourne?

Anyway - it was a terrible show, but got to saw a Flair/Hogan match that simultaneously ticked off bucket list agenda items and made me feel a horrible, exploitive human being

Are you sure? This reads like the greatest lineup in history!
1 Nick Dinsmore and The Pimp Fatha defeated Billy Blade and Kadin Anthony
2 Best of 3 Series, Match #1
Spartan 3000 BC defeated Shannon Moore
3 Street Fight
Nasty Boys (Jerry Sags and Brian Knobbs) defeated Vampire Warrior and Black Pearl
4 Brutus Beefcake defeated Heidenreich
5 Mr. Anderson defeated Sean Morley
6 Solofa Fatu Jr. and Brian Christopher defeated Orlando Jordan and Edward Fatu
7 Hulk Hogan defeated Ric Flair

(Spartan is M-Dogg)

Good grief, this was two weeks before Umaga died(Edward Fatu)

I remember the tickets going for half price on the day of the show, not sure whether they made money on it per se, but got very good attendance numbers just the same.

....wait, TNA had a show in Melbourne?

Anyway - it was a terrible show, but got to saw a Flair/Hogan match that simultaneously ticked off bucket list agenda items and made me feel a horrible, exploitive human being

TNA had a show set for Rod Laver Arena in May 2010. It was postponed indefinitely due to lack of ticket sales.

We have time......

Oh man, I am so fucking glad I brought up Teddy Long's wedding because that story is fucking incredible. 

• Like 1