DVDVR Message Board

MAY WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Hennig is a good answer too, especially when I think about his Portland stuff. He was so tall and lanky, but everything he did looked like he was doing it so easily. 

At a similar age, I was tall and lanky, but I just tripped over things, mostly. 

I said a while back that TNA should just move to the UK. Just do the TV tapings here, some house shows here, tour Europe, the Middle East, Africa etc, go back to the US to do the 4 annual PPVs. Can't think of a reason not to do it.

The failure of Ring Ka King would probably be one reason.

Did Ring Ka King fail or did the money men just fkit off to a different project.

Are we in the era where the "cool heel" or "shades of grey" can finally draw money? Or at least be something rad? I used to hate cool heels, and I guess I still do on principle. But the Shield were cool heels until recently, and right now the Wyatt Family, Bad News Barrett, and Cesaro are all heels that have a good 25% of the audience on their side. And I love all those guys. So does this stuff work now because the Sopranos, Breaking Bad, and Heath Ledger's protrayal of the Joker have made us a society that loves heels?

Or has it always really been this way? Certainly when Randy Savage and Roddy Piper were at their hottest, they even had a few supporters.

Am I just rambling like a madman not making any real sense? Yep. But I've been thinking about this a lot recently.

Flair drew well. Georgeous George had female fans.

But deliberately trying to construct tweeners does ring as false as having heat machine drowning out when fans cheered Vader's moonsault.

So apparently Sheamus and Sin Cara got into it last night, and Sheamus got his ass handed to him.

Good luck in your future endeavors, Hunico!

That was misquoted. They were reporting on the plot of the next WWE/Scooby Doo movie, which involves Sin Cara seemingly acting like a jerk to everyone, including Sheamus, only for it to eventually be discovered that someone was only pretending to be Sin Cara.

• Like 1

Person on twitter to BNB: "Honest question. Is Wade even part of your name anymore?"

Barrett: Full legal name: Wade Eusebio Barrett but I prefer 'Bad News Barrett'.

Someone in NXT needs to be renamed Eusebio.  I wonder if that can get over?

Word is Sin Cara filed the paperwork for a US title match but he was disqualified due to a technicality.

On the page where it states "Do not write in this space." Sin Cara wrote "OK"

• Like 22