DVDVR Message Board

MAY WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

- WWE has reportedly made a deal to purchase the Mid-Atlantic Wrestling library. This material was shot in Virginia at ringside next to the ring announcer from Jim Crockett Promotions events. The footage filmed by George Pantas. Unlike previous Mid-Atlantic material that was purchased as part of the WCW library in 2001, the Pantas footage was filmed on Super 8 cameras and was owned by Pantas. Pantas revealed the news in a column for Norfolk Navy Flagship. The footage was also used for a Michael Elliott documentary on Jim Crockett Promotions entitled The Good Old Days, which is currently available on Highspots.com. PWInsider reports that that the purchase was done about two months ago. The footage includes what is possibly the only complete match on film of Ric Flair vs. Buddy Rogers.

• Like 7

I went to the FIP show in Orlando tonight. Not a very good show when the best match was a Bravado match. Lots of bad finishes including the main with Rodrick Strong getting Dq'd for hitting Trent? with a title belt. That match was just so lifeless. I also really liked the Mia Yim vs ivelisse match till the bad finish with the Savages getting involved and beating up both women. I'm really surprised neither woman is in the two big leagues these days. Both are better than most of the knockouts at least. Trevor Lee for CWF Mid Atlantic and Tim Donst were also on the show.  Trevor is a really good heel and has potential.  Donst looked way bigger than I thought he would. Too bad they were booked in a clusterufck 4 way elimination tag match. Highlight of the night was Maxwell Chicago though. He's not for everyone but he's easily my favorite indie guy these days along with Mike Cruz.

I'm watching NXT Arrival and the pre-match video package for Dallas/Neville makes Dallas's gimmick look pretty entertaining. He seems to do a good job as a 2010s version of Kurt Angle.

Is there a reason why he seems to get no love here? I admit to not having seen a lot of him.

I'm watching NXT Arrival and the pre-match video package for Dallas/Neville makes Dallas's gimmick look pretty entertaining. He seems to do a good job as a 2010s version of Kurt Angle.

Is there a reason why he seems to get no love here? I admit to not having seen a lot of him.

Huh? Bo gets a ton of love on here.

He gets equal amounts of hate and love.  You get a lot of people who remember his early WWE run and initial NXT run before the crowd just flat-out rejects him and hate him.  But there is a pretty big percentage who are firmly behind him because of his NXT turn and heel run.

I went to the FIP show in Orlando tonight. Not a very good show when the best match was a Bravado match. Lots of bad finishes including the main with Rodrick Strong getting Dq'd for hitting Trent? with a title belt. That match was just so lifeless. I also really liked the Mia Yim vs ivelisse match till the bad finish with the Savages getting involved and beating up both women. I'm really surprised neither woman is in the two big leagues these days. Both are better than most of the knockouts at least. Trevor Lee for CWF Mid Atlantic and Tim Donst were also on the show.  Trevor is a really good heel and has potential.  Donst looked way bigger than I thought he would. Too bad they were booked in a clusterufck 4 way elimination tag match. Highlight of the night was Maxwell Chicago though. He's not for everyone but he's easily my favorite indie guy these days along with Mike Cruz.

This might sound weird, but I used to download videos of Trevor Lee when he was a backyarder and he would do the most ridiculous running shooting star press where he'd get this insane height and distance. It's stuck with me for the last 11 years, it was like an olympic long jumper doing an SSP.

KNOW MORE BO.

Seriously, though, his ring-work is okay and not much beyond that, but he is so completely committed to his character, and it's so well developed that you can't help but love to hate him.

Bo got me with the greatest reaction to a "Boring" chant.

"Yes! This is Bo's ring!"

I'm in love with his character work at this point. He reminds me of that kid in school who think he's popular but is secretly hated by everyone. He took the crowd turning against him and made gold out of it.

You ought to see my wife when I hit him with the shooting star press.

STOP EXPLOITING YOUR KIDS IN EXCHANGE FOR LIKES!!!!!

It's revolting...and worse than that it's effective.

My oldest daughter bladed in the lunch line to get an extra piece of frosted sheet cake...?

I've been really high on Trevor Lee for a while.  Obviously there is some bias on my part, being that I work for CWF, but the hype is real for Trevor.  Track down his matches with Andrew Everett or Arik Royal as evidence.

How was the Briscoes - Hardys match last weekend? I wanna see it. Those promos got me interested.

As I mentioned in the old thread, me and Stuttsy called this match.  It was excellent.  It exceeded my expectations, honestly.  Hardyz came to work, and the crowd was mental for all of it.

I watched that show every goddamned afternoon.  It was amazing.  They did a special episode for Dragon's Lair and every kid I knew watched because none of us had enough quarters or basic common sense to have seen the ending to what was, I think, the first ever two-quarter game.

Neither of the contestants got near the ending though and we knew we would have to wait to get the finish we wanted and were expecting...HEY! DUSTY DID WATCH!!!!

• Like 1

Here's an article I wrote about the meanings, mysteries, wonders and juxtapositions of Bray Wyatt!

Talk about an oversell. He's not even close to the Mike Trout of wrestling. I like most of what he's done but I wonder if the Wyatt family really has legs. What's Bray Wyatt in 3 years? Barring injury I'm fairly certain Trout will be one of the top 3 players in baseball. I cannot say the same thing about Bray and the WWE.

Plus he better not run this dumb singing into the ground.