DVDVR Message Board

MAY WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

I think Gorilla was being as honest as he could be without breaking kayfabe. 

The reporter was a condescending shit head. I would have just told them to give me the answers they want to hear. Save everybody some trouble. 

I think Gorilla was being as honest as he could be without breaking kayfabe. 

The reporter was a condescending shit head. I would have just told them to give me the answers they want to hear. Save everybody some trouble. 

Agreed. I posted that mostly for Gorilla. The reporter made me long for a Dr. D ear slap.

• Like 1

The Carlito gimmick was awesome and should have led to a long run in the upper card. A shame that the guy behind it did not give two damns and never allowed it to flourish. Given that it was almost a decade ago when Carlito was introduced, and there was about 12 years between Razor and Carlito, I would not mind if someone else got that gimmick again.

There really was so much potential for the gimmick. The best part was when he had Jesus as his bodyguard. It was around the time Cena got "puncture wounds" to his kidney in a nightclub. Supposedly they wanted to bring in New Jack to be the body guard but they were expecting him to actually wrestle. Anyway I always like Jesus and he actually wrestled Cena on a PPV with a broken freakin neck. I remember someone said he should have had a job for life with the WWE for doing something so stupid for them.

God, I can't believe I actually remember all of that.

Army tank with a Ferrari engine. That was a great tag line.

I always hated it cuz it made no sense. Sticking an engine designed to move a ton or two of carbon fiber around in a 67 ton hunk of steel and depleted uranium would be like trying to power your car with your phone battery.

Be careful. This one time, I said, "'Beat me if you can, survive if I let you?' That shit don't make no sense!" And all people was, was mean.