DVDVR Message Board

Wacky Cage Matches

Guest Edwin

The WWC version of a Wargames match. To eliminate a member of the opposite team you had to handcuff them to the cage wall....and then beat the ever living shit out of them because it's Puerto Rico...

Who is doing the commentary on this and was it on a commercial release?

Hugo Savinovich and Rip Rogers I believe is the other commentator and I believe it was a commercial release since the only time WWC had english commentary is on commercial releases.

The WWC version of a Wargames match. To eliminate a member of the opposite team you had to handcuff them to the cage wall....and then beat the ever living shit out of them because it's Puerto Rico...

I want to say one of these matches was done in Crockett in 1988. Did the Bunkhouse cage match have people getting handcuffed to the fence? I know I saw a promo when I was a kid and it was a cage match with The Horsemen against Dusty, Barry, and others I can't remember and they hyped up how if someone got eliminated they got handcuffed to the cage.

BUT if you eliminated someone from the other team one of your guys got uncuffed. So basically it was the wrestling version of the double switch in Dodgeball.

Is that where TNA got the idea for the Cuffed in the Cage match?

TNA was always adding additional stips to Lockdown matches for variety.  Electrified Six Sides of Steel.  The Doomsday Chamber of Blood, where you had to make your opponent bleed before you could pin him.

Didn't someone on here (or maybe it was CZWfans) put together a comp set of every War Games match?  It had the official matches as well as unofficial War Games-like cage matches from the indies and whatnot.  I remember it being a pretty impressive list.

That one from ROH with Aries & The Briscoes vs. Age of the Fall vs. Necro Butcher in steel cage warfare. Necro is his own team and would randomly be entered at any time.

I was there that night, and MAN ALIVE did Necro being eliminated piss off the crowd royally. Still a lot of awesome spots though.

A mask vs hair vs hair vs mask match from Monterrey in February 2004 between Konan Big vs Latin Heart vs Jerry Estrada(in one of his final matches) and SPIDERMAN. Features lots of cage climbing and crying kids.