DVDVR Message Board

Post an Interesting Picture

Guest The Magnificent 7

I went to Scotland recently. I'll definitely be going back. I don't take pictures, but my friend took a few. He goes for the 'quality through quantity' philosophy, so he ended up with a few pretty decent photographs. I'll vastly reduce them in size for your viewing ease:

IvMPmTd.jpg

AqUaysR.jpg

AjHo3rS.jpg

51dz9b4.jpg

• Like 2

I had to wade through about thirty pictures of that place to get to that one. As I said: quality through quantity.

That place is called Sycamore Gap at Hadrian's Wall. It was used in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. The castle is used in Highlander... and that church was used in Da Vinci Code. The guide said that, before Dan Brown's book, they got a few thousand visitors a year. When the book was published, the amount of visitors skyrocketed to half a million a year. Pretty crazy.

• 4 weeks later...

If this was a wrestling photo we would be hearing about how the old guys immediately started burying the kids to Vince.

"They just don't have it, Vince.  We probably need to hold onto the belts until they're more ready.  They're good kids, though.  I think I heard one of them say something about unions."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jesus, Hallmark...

star-trek-ii-the-wrath-of-khan-the-needs

Do not put a man dying of radiation poisoning on your tree.  That is not Christmas-y at all.

Tuck a little baby figurine in Spock's hand to represent Jesus and it's Christmas as fuck. Or, since they're both Jewish, maybe Spock dropped the Chinese takeout on Christmas Day and they're both devastated?

Put a bouquet of roses in his hands and it's Valentines Day too!

My ex gave me this years ago. It is great!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...