DVDVR Message Board

Post an Interesting Picture

Guest The Magnificent 7

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 3:56 PM, Jiji said:

neowise.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=1200

A comet over Abbotsford, just outside of Vancouver. I wish there were a higher res version online but I'm guessing Amir Hariri, the photographer, will be selling it. Looks like something out of ET or Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

The location of Ash-Tree Press, Canuckistan's finest supernatural specialty press !!!  Make of that what you will.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/9/2020 at 3:19 PM, AxB said:

California, eh? Let's all go into the This Weather Sucks thread and look at what @Cristobal has been posting for the last few years.

I spent most of the last week of summer without air conditioning because running the ACs, even with new filters, and an air purifier running at maximum 24/7, was giving me headaches indoors, but it was almost bearable because the smoke has been so heavy that barely any sunlight was getting through so it was only mid-80s.

5 hours ago, AxB said:

EiJoGhAWAAcN1Lc?format=jpg&name=large

I have my own street sign!

nb: There isn't actually a street there any more. But they left the sign up anyway. 

Well, not everyone can claim to have that, street or no street!

Speaking of...

A local politician and a police chief who passed on a few years back has TWO streets named after him just a couple of streets away from where I live. The streets were named after him well within his lifetime. He must have lived around here at one point, because it would be rather puzzling otherwise.

Edited by Shartnado
Street-talk

6 hours ago, D.Z said:

convaircar.jpg

When I was a kid in the 80's, people assumed that by the year 2000  (let alone 2020) there would be flying cars. It's pretty safe to guess that THIS is not what they had in mind at the time. It would have been nice to be able to tell them that it had already happened by then  (some 30-40 years prior ).

• 2 weeks later...