DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR BOOK CLUB ANNOUNCEMENTS

jaedmc

• 4 weeks later...

So here's where we're at with the Pratchett book stuff added in. I'll be contacting someone soon.

Matt D - 3

Jae - 1
Shane -1
Beast - 4
username - 2
JRGoldman -3
Rippa - 1
Liam - 4
Cameron Swift - 1
Suicide King of Spades - 4
Brisco - 1
Jack - 1
CSC - 1
EVA - 2
BL88 - 1
Jingus - 0
odessasteps - 0

Red is Dead -1

Bald Bombshell - 1

Kuetsar - 1

Once people have had a chance to delve in a little bit, I'll do a detailed write up, but I picked this book in part because I think it might get a pretty mixed reaction. It was published posthumously, and Carroll was a notorious perfectionist and self editor. I think this book would have never seen the light of day had he not passed a few years ago. Certainly, the critical reception of this novel was mixed, and while I think it's better than it sometimes got credit for (and certainly more humorous), I wanted to pick something that was not only important to me and personal, but I wanted to avoid picking something I would put up as a "great work". Sometimes, I think things that strive to be great and fail have more interesting edges than things that strive to be great and succeed.  

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty sure no one finished the last book, BUT SKOS and Matt D provided at least some interesting conversation about what they had read, so I'll feed them a point. I'll probably set up everything today as I'm about to go on another Internet Vacation - this time without pedigree gifs I hope.

Matt D - 4

Jae - 1
Shane -1
Beast - 4
username - 2
JRGoldman -0
Rippa - 1
Liam - 4
Cameron Swift - 1
Suicide King of Spades - 5
Brisco - 1
Jack - 1
CSC - 1
EVA - 2
BL88 - 1
Jingus - 0
odessasteps - 0

Red is Dead -1

Bald Bombshell - 1

Kuetsar - 1

• 1 month later...

I think we're going to take a break for this month, and enjoy the holidays. Maybe use this month to catch up on something you missed.

Unless you read everything. Bully for you.

• 1 month later...
  • RIPPA unpinned this topic