DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoiler 5/8

I missed most of the first hour but watched the second hour. I just can't get into Bully Ray as Stone Cole Steve Austin. After he spent all that time being the best heel in the business now he's a good guy that likes to put people through tables? It seemed like he just did this same thing about a month ago. Spud rules as always though. He should be the head of wrestling operations, not MVP. I really enjoyed the Menagerie. I thought it would be a Rose Party/Wyatt Family rip off but it was different. Rebel looks familiar but she has a great entrance.

That last segment was just sad. Dead crowd and then they add the awful piped in crowd noise. It was even worse than the stuff WWE uses for Smackdown. I loved how insincere Mike Tenay sounded. He even called it the Authority.

I absolutely hated the last segment. Not only because i'm sick and tired of heel authority figures in wrestling in general, but because the canned heat that came along with it was absolutely terrible! Especially when it was obvious that shitty Impact Zoners couldn't care less. MVP became the director of wrestling operations nearly two months ago to the date and has already turned heel. Why does almost every authority figure in wrestling have to be a heel and why does TNA especially have a hardon for it?

Anyway, besides that, I was fairly entertained by the show overall. Especially coming off of a mostly terrible Raw, almost anything would be entertaining!

Once again, Spud was the best part of the show for me. That guy has more charisma than his little body should be able to hold. I can't wait to hopefully see him get killed by Bully in a match soon, but not as much as I'm ready to see Dixie get put through a table.

I can't tell you the last time I've seen an Evening Gown Match. I was expecting the worse, but it was alright.

While I'm obviously not happy that Kurt is hurt again, I am glad that it most likely means that he might be finishing up with the company. The guy hasn't done much of anything lately in TNA and desperately needs a change of scenery. I like the idea of him having one more run in WWE. I think he would stick around a lot more than the other older guys they have currently signed and would definitely bring out the best in everyone he could possibly work with on that roster.

The ladder match was crazy! That's all I really have to say about it.

I didn't know what to expect from The Menagerie, because I really didn't care for the vignettes that lead up to it, but I was very impressed with that segment. I think Taz said it best (for once) when he said that it was how a debut should be done (ala Adam Rose). I can't wait to see where this goes.

I think this is one of the last times that we'll see Kazarian in TNA for quite awhile sadly.

I'm digging the whole Magnus/Bram storyline. Seems like they found a logical way to try and fix Magnus after burying him for the past few months.

Willow is something. Sometimes I enjoy him and then sometimes I remember it's Jeff Hardy under a mask and I lose my interest. Especially when his in-ring style hasn't changed one bit, but I do love the goofiness of his promos though.

I love EY's title run as any of you following the TNA forum know already. He's the first champion since Punk that I've wanted to pull a Bruno and hold the title forever. Hopefully with the ways things are going with Roode, MVP and others the title match at Slammiversary will end up being a King of the Mountain match. That's all I want from TNA is for them to go back to the way they were before Hogan and Bischoff came into the fold. Those were much better and more original times.

• 2 weeks later...

So, is Rebelle supposed to be Knux's Girlfriend, or his sister?

It's going to be both, isn't it?

Lot of unnecessary risks for a nothing show.  The yaks wrestling barefoot in long dresses could've easily led to an ankle or knee injury.  Zema Ion came real close to landing back first on the apron and there was no point in that being a ladder match anyway.

Ref doesn't stop the Angle match and keeps throwing up the 'X' sign which is universal for bullshit injury angle and instead of a trainer ever showing up, Stiffler comes out after the bell and him and Hebner just throw their hands up and down and be confused together over Angle's prone body.  Then when they finally walk the guy with the leg injury to the back, they still aren't met by any kind of medical professional.  Instead we gotta get the winner of the Uncle Elmer look-a-like contest on camera.  To my knowledge he's never been established on camera before but he's got to exert his authority by yelling at the refs to take Angle to the doctor when he's the one that keeps delaying them.  And really, Angle should've taken a seat and the doctor could've gotten to him a lot faster.  Then when the diagnosis comes in, Angle gets consoled by Big Elmer awkwardly laying his sausage fingers on his shoulder.

Tenay said Knux was wrestling to send money to his father to help out his failing carnival business.  That's not the impression those vignettes gave at all.  Knux wanted to wrestle so he left and took his father's acts with him.  Knux' dad probably living on the streets and eating out of garbage cans now.

Bram trying to make Magnus mean is pretty dumb.  It's not like he was some nice guy.  And Abyss just disappeared after chasing Magnus to the back the previous week.

This Bully Ray stuff is awful.  Really, he deserved to be put through a table by Dixie cause it turns out MVP was a scumbag.