DVDVR Message Board

TNA Sacrifice thread

It's too bad they can't figure things out creatively. The Sanada video before the match should have been used to introduce him, give people a reason to care about him. Both guys had their spots but the crowd was sitting on their hands for the match. Too bad. The next match might be the highlight of the PPV....Storm vs Gunner.

Storm-Gunner was indeed a decent brawl, but it's the only thing separating the show from an extended IMPACT

I like EY, but he'd have been been better off as the TV Title guy for a while instead. His work hasn't adjusted as it needs to for being the champ; he also shouldn't have to go into multiple finisher mode to beat Magnus, who isn't good enough to run on top either.

The Bully Ray match was the usual crap, but the Dixie reveal did succeed in being all creepy and WTF. I am sure there will be at least one .gif if nothing else good comes out of this PPV.

This PPV would have felt liike a bigger show if they waited until tonight for Aries vs MVP. Lack of Kenny King when he's clearly being pushed was odd too, as well as no Abyss. 

Tonight's show was vintage TNA Impact Zone crowd killing the show dead. Gunner/Storm was ok but just depressing. They are killing themselves and all the crowd could do was chant boring and AJ Styles. Rest of the show was boring and I guess the opener was fine. The lack of heat for the women's match might have been worse than at Mania.

Lots of decent matches but nothing really special about this show at all. Surprised Angelina won the title back in her first shot. Gunner/Storm delivered as usual and I did like the neat Eric Young video package before the main event. But yeah Young/Magnus has got to be one of the least 'big' main events they've ran for a PPV, solid match but no real question in the outcome.

This was really good so shocker I just accidentally stumbled across it

I assume they took parts of this for the actual EY PPV video folks have talked about

So TNA pulled off their biggest swerve (to me at least) in the main event by not having a swerve.

Really?  I expected EY to win in the main event because this isn't the sort of occasion where TNA would swerve.  They'd wait to build him up more and make him look like he is on the cusp of great things before pulling a swerve that takes the title from him.

• Like 1

The booking of the company as a whole is doomed, but I'm glad EY won and Gunner and Storm had a classic. Shame neither guy will go as far as they could've in wrestling thanks to TNA being TNA. Storm just two and a half years ago felt like someone they could take to the moon as a mainstream crossover guy. Now, they've kind of got one on paper as their world champion. He's a great worker, solid talker, and will never quite be what he could've been due to being a comedy guy - although I honestly can't say I'd see him being as big a team in WWE as he's been in TNA, so kudos to him for getting everything he's gotten. He seems like a fantastic person and definitely deserves whatever success he's able to wrangle out of this push.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/04/tna-sacrifice-2014.html

Screens -

ce17f5323422571.jpg

db7cb9323424213.jpg

7363f5323424625.jpg

b94ed6323424657.jpg

Well, the Beard is her IP...

aa3c53323424754.jpg

e29738323425500.jpg

Set 1 -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/uxr17wh42kmgv1h1lq6vt4xze62fu71p

Set 2 -