DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 4/25/14

victor

Sounds like a Shield heavy show, they ran rampant all night. I thought Vickie Guerrero quit, that's what Meltzer said. 

SmackDown opens up with Vickie Guerrero, Cesaro, Jack Swagger, Paul Heyman and Zeb Colter in the ring. There are two podiums set up. Vickie announces the main event tonight will be The Shield vs. 11 other Superstars. She then announces The Great Debate between Heyman and Zeb. Zeb says he wants to debate with Cesaro on turning his back. Zeb asks Heyman why he stole Cesaro. Heyman says Brock Lesnar ended The Streak about 20 times. Zeb asks again why he stole Cesaro. Heyman asks when was the last time a Zeb Colter Guy won. He said by the time Cesaro won the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, he was already a Heyman Guy. Zeb pushes over the podium and shoves Heyman. They start to get into it but are broken up.

* Cesaro defeated Jack Swagger with The Neutralizer. After the match, The Shield's music hits and they come out. Roman Reigns hits a Superman punch on Swagger and then they hit him with the triple powerbomb. Dean Ambrose said it looked like Swagger failed to adapt.

* Tamina Snuka defeated Natalya with a kick that was botched. This match was described as not smooth at all.

* Backstage segment with 3MB talking about how they are in tonight's main event. The Shield shows up and destroys them.

* Vickie Guerrero is backstage in her office on the phone with Triple H. He asks her about The Shield. She says she called them to her office but they didn't come. Triple H tells her to take the night off and in comes Brad Maddox.

* Curtis Axel defeated Jey Uso.

* The Wyatt Family comes out and cuts a promo inside a steel cage that's lowered. Bray Wyatt talks about John Cena and gets the crowd to sing "whole world in his hands" with him.

* Erick Rowan and Luke Harper defeated Cody Rhodes and Goldust. During the match, Bray taunted the crowd and asked them if they are unimpressed with what we see from the Rhodes brothers, saying they are not the future. Cody goes for a moonsault but Goldust runs into him. Goldust gets upset, leading to him getting pinned.

* Backstage segment with Brad Maddox on the phone. The Shield comes in and destroys him. Ambrose jumps on Maddox behind the couch and beats him some more.

* Emma and Santino Marella vs. Layla and Fandango is up next. The match never starts as while Fandango is dancing on the stage, The Shield attacks him. Fandango takes a triple powerbomb off the stage, through two tables. A "this is awesome" chant starts up.

* The Shield vs. Titus O'Neil, Ryback, Alberto Del Rio, Damien Sandow, Bad News Barrett and Curtis Axel is next. The Sheild ends up clearing the ring except for Barrett, who ran to the back Axel takes a Superman punch. Sandow takes a spear and The Shield wins the match. Ryback and Titus also get speared. Ryback takes the triple powerbomb. The Shield stand tall in the ring.

Sounds like a Shield heavy show, they ran rampant all night. I thought Vickie Guerrero quit, that's what Meltzer said. 

* Cesaro defeated Jack Swagger...The Shield shows up and destroys him.

* Backstage segment with 3MB talking about how they are in tonight's main event. The Shield shows up and destroys them.

* Backstage segment with Brad Maddox on the phone. The Shield comes in and destroys him.

* Emma and Santino Marella vs. Layla and Fandango is up next. The Shield shows up and destroys them.

THIS IS TERRA CHIMP!!!!!

THEY"RE MAKEING  IT AHPAAPPPENN!!!!!!!

Honestly, that's what I was expecting last night on RAW.  Them to just show up and destroy everyone that was in that beatdown, picking them off 1 or 2 at a time.

Christ the Shield is awesome.

• Like 2

Thank you Shield from preventing yet another Santino/Emma vs Fandango/partner match. Now triple powerbomb Santino a bunch sometime and get Emma away from that mess, Fandango and Layla too for that matter. I used to love the dude but Santino either needs something new to do or needs to go away fro a while.

Anyway this show looks pretty good. Hopefully the Shield get to look as bad-ass on a show where HHH, Otron and/or Batista are there and not just talk at the oh so legendary awesome group that is Evolution.

I LOVE that Barrett escapes the Shield's onslaught.

Looks like Barrett is getting another push. Can't have him in the same company as Titus O'Neal and Fandago getting beat down.

* Emma and Santino Marella vs. Layla and Fandango is up next. The match never starts as while Fandango is dancing on the stage, The Shield attacks him. Fandango takes a triple powerbomb off the stage, through two tables. A "this is awesome" chant starts up.

Half the crowd was actually chanting "Hounds of Justice".  

Good show and Shield fans should enjoy.

The opening debate was short and maybe a bit disappointing considering that it was two all-time great talkers in the ring together.However, there was something about the pull apart that was brilliant.  Zeb looked like an old man over his head in there while grabbing onto Heyman, and I mean that in a good way.  Zeb looked like he wanted to really get to him but knew he couldn't take him out.  It is one of those things where I can't wait to see how it appears on the screen to see if it really was that good or if it was just my nostalgia kicking in.  I am a "Zeb can do no wrong" type of guy.  

Holy shit. I will not be missing this week's SmackDown! This sounds like everything I want to see and then some.

Whoever books the Shield's stuff needs the biggest raise ever.

Hell's yeah. This show sound like it's amazing. I love The Shield just running dudes. I also can't wait to see Bray continue to turn the masses against John Cena. The entire show is built around my favorite acts in the company. Seriously, if I were to put together this week's Smackdown, "Shield destroys everyone who wronged them" and "Bray Wyatt further shows the world that he is the future and John Cena is a tool of the capitalist pigs" would be it.

• Like 1

Hell's yeah. This show sound like it's amazing. I love The Shield just running dudes. I also can't wait to see Bray continue to turn the masses against John Cena. The entire show is built around my favorite acts in the company. Seriously, if I were to put together this week's Smackdown, "Shield destroys everyone who wronged them" and "Bray Wyatt further shows the world that he is the future and John Cena is a tool of the capitalist pigs" would be it.

Agreed. The Wyatts, Cesaro, Bryan, and the Shield are exactly what I am watching WWE for.

• Like 2

I'm skimming through the show now just to watch The Shield and Wyatt Family stuff.

The Shield look like the greatest ass-kickers in years. Their story arc on tonight's show friggin' rules. They just straight up punk chumps. Their backstage attack on 3MB is so awesome. Roman Reigns crushes Heath Slater with a Superman punch. Their backstage meeting with Brad is awesome. Rollins grabs his cellphone and Dean just tosses it aside. Reighs nearly throws him through a cement wall. Crazy-ass Ambrose then leaps over a couch to get some more in a manic fit. His reaction afterwards is so, so, so great. They just leave Fandango in carnage after tossing his ass through off the stage through tables, with the camera showing their fists in unison above. They also do an unspoken attack, when Cole announces Axel was found destroyed backstage. I didn't watch the actual match itself yet. But the build-up is so great.

This will shock you to learn that Bray's promo is gold. "They could have given you a fair fight, John! But they didn't!" Bray talks about how his words are working. "Your nightmares have become my dreams! And my dreams come true! In the end, one-by-one, they will all follow me!" Bray's theatrics in this are like no other. He climbs the cage, does the backbend, etc. He leads the singing of The Whole World from the top of the cage while in a spotlight. I know I am prone to hyperbole. I get that. But I'm hard-pressed to remember a promo this well done in years. Maybe when Punk tormented Rey at his daughter's in-ring birthday celebration? Henry's faux-retirement ceremony? This is up there, man.

• Like 1

I didn't think this was an amazing show, but I did love the singular focus on getting the Shield over as babyface ass-kickers. I liked that unlike a regular face team who would accept facing a billion dudes, they were out to take out as many as they could and turn what would normally be a boring thing of a billion vs. 3 match into something more. The finish to Tamina-Nattie was also pretty rockin.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/04/wwe-sd-4-25-14.html

Screens -

7f7c19322855756.jpg

1d321e322855769.jpg

eaea69322855774.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/lsfrai4ht3dz5ouy3hymz73a9wf84tnp

I know some people here stroke off to Dean's facial expressions, but bawd fucking gawd, I want someone to shoot him in his fucking mush so he can't make him anymore. His stupid love for these goddamn things make me roll my eyes at The Shield. I mean, Reigns is kinda small to be a hoss but good to look at and what's-his-face kills himself for da luv of da sport. They are bearable.. But fuck Ambrose and his real-life cartoon "SPLAT~!" face.

Also, lol @ half the 11 were in Nexus at one point and the only one that didn't get dog stomped by The Shield was the leader of Nexus. Some things never change. :)