DVDVR Message Board

Raw 4-21-14

MGFanJay

Oh and Paige is great. She makes the title look legitimate. I mean she had a halfway decent match with Aksana. That's something.

The crowd was pissing me off here.  After years of training to expect three moves, little dance, wacky finisher from women's matches, their bodies rejected someone actually trying to work even a short, like "wrestling match."

Paige opened it up with exactly the sort of sequence a wrestler would open a match with, then went into exactly the kind of selling a wrestler would settle into, then made exactly the kind of comeback a wrestler would make...and the crowd acted like they were doing something wrong or something.

Meanwhile, Emma is told to do three moves, little dance, wacky finisher and they fucking go crazy.  So her matches from now on are going to be:

1) trademark rope spot

2) taunt in the corner dance spot

3) her one submission...nah, fuck that hand-sock to the face!!!!!

Fuckwits.

• Like 2

Emma looks like she doesn't even want to do her dance. It annoys me how not into her own gimmick she is.

I've been bitching about that since she got the called up.

Still watching the show, but my favorite moment so far was the nice thing Barrett said, "I've got some bad news, but not as bad as Daniel Bryan's news." So sweet. Also, he has a fucking cape now. I love him.

I feel like Wyatt needs to find a new song to sing.

"Hotel California" is right there. Sure the royalties probably ain't cheap but I can't think of a more fitting song.

Plus, Bray can continue his mind games with Cena by sending Nikki a case of pink champagne. The skits practically write themselves.

Movez watch: Cena did a release German suplex.

Man Barrett looked awesome. Really hope he takes the IC title and elevates it with some great matches.

Rusev is a beast. Still pretty green but he could have a super interesting match with Bryan.

In all fairness, her "dance" is pretty retarded.

Look, if your gimmick is being a goofy girl that loves to do a retarded dance and not giving a shit, then you better damn well act like a goofy girl who loves to do a retarded dance and not give a shit.

As presented, she's a girl that looks embarrassed to do her retarded dance and reluctantly does it because Santino gently prods her to do it.

The Bushwackers probably didn't like doing their arm thing, but damnit, it got them into an episode of Family Matters.

• Like 6

The crowd was pissing me off here.  After years of training to expect three moves, little dance, wacky finisher from women's matches, their bodies rejected someone actually trying to work even a short, like "wrestling match."

Paige opened it up with exactly the sort of sequence a wrestler would open a match with, then went into exactly the kind of selling a wrestler would settle into, then made exactly the kind of comeback a wrestler would make...and the crowd acted like they were doing something wrong or something.

Well, for starters they completely and utterly shit the bed on her debut. Pops up out of the blue, tries to beg her way out of a title match claiming unpreparedness despite showing up in wrestling gear, then wins on a botched-to-the-point-of-being-unrecognizable-as-a-wrestling-move finisher.

Emma looks like she doesn't even want to do her dance. It annoys me how not into her own gimmick she is.

It looks to me like the kind of dance/gimmick that came very organically when it was decided "OK, this is a goofy chick that has no idea she's goofy."  But I would imagine over time it would be difficult to still make it look that way.  In fact, it's probably a gesture she makes as second nature now and barely pays attention to it. 

That being said, I'll never criticize her for anything.  Ever. 

The start of that RVD/Cesaro match was just the worst. It was like every mid 2000s Indy epic Mexican stand off, but in slow motion.

I feel like Bray's gimmick is so over at this point he should win the IC title and it will actually get elevated, even if he doesn't defend it all that often.

Emma is still good but she'll be better once she's away from Santino. Nothing beats last Friday when Santino killed her arm so she couldn't dance.

The show peaked with Hornswoggle/Torito 2. I want a hair vs mask match between those two. Rusev looked better tonight since the match he had with Dolph on NXT months ago. I want to see Bray destroy Cena at Extreme Rules and then move on to Bryan so Bryan can get his win back. I know that's not happening though.

In all fairness, her "dance" is pretty retarded.

Look, if your gimmick is being a goofy girl that loves to do a retarded dance and not giving a shit, then you better damn well act like a goofy girl who loves to do a retarded dance and not give a shit.

As presented, she's a girl that looks embarrassed to do her retarded dance and reluctantly does it because Santino gently prods her to do it.

The Bushwackers probably didn't like doing their arm thing, but damnit, it got them into an episode of Family Matters.

A like for you, good fellow!

I feel like Wyatt needs to find a new song to sing. 

Maybe Dark Horse by Katy Perry or something by Pitbull. I dunno. I'm getting kinda sick of "Whole World in his Hands"

I don't know why but the whole "He's got the whole world" thing at the end triggered a memory I had lost.  When I was about 10 years old, Wayne Babych's hot drunk wife sat me on her lap and sang "I'm at the top of the world" and started to cry.  It was during the year after his good year with the blues when he was faltering badly and the fans were booing the shit out of him. 

Even at ten I put all this together and realized something pretty amazing was happening as this woman whose life was spiraling out of control was having a meltdown singing a Karen Carpenter song.

I've been the John Cena in that scene...and you know what?...it's pretty great.  Shellie Babych smelled nicer, than Bray Wyatt, I'm guessing...but still.  Just go with it, John.

• Like 2

Is it just me or does Extreme Rules look really good right now? They just need to add a stipulation to The Shield/Evolution match and we'll be set. And give Bad News Barrett the strap, because Big E. just sucks now. I'm honestly surprised at the reactions Barrett has been getting, but I'm happy for the dude. I would bet money on there being a Cesaro/Swagger match at Extreme Rules, no way is the blow-off just on a random Smackdown. Love the tournament idea for a #1 contender, makes the eventual match-up mean that much more.

Oh and Cesaro's new music is all kinds of awesome.

Still watching the show, but my favorite moment so far was the nice thing Barrett said, "I've got some bad news, but not as bad as Daniel Bryan's news." So sweet. Also, he has a fucking cape now. I love him.

Erm. I'm pretty sure he was talking about the Kane beatdown-slash-"evisceration", not Bryan's dad.

• Like 1

Is it just me or does Extreme Rules look really good right now?

If Bray can work the audience to fully turn on Cena in a really loud way, and Cena sells it like his soul is dying...it could be a pretty awesomely dramatic moment.  Then they have to figure out what to do with it 

This could end up being another one of those things where they stumble accidentally into an awesome moment, but didn't really expect it and don't know how to capitalize on it.