DVDVR Message Board

Raw 4-21-14

MGFanJay

The pre-show news of Bryan's dad passing away cast a dark cloud over the start of the show, but it wound up being a satisfying show. Loved the Evolution-Shield stuff. Cena-Wyatt has run out of steam in-ring, although Bray's promos are still special. Sheamus and Barrett had one heck of a match, while Cesaro was dragged down badly by RVD, WHO ACTUALLY WON... By countout to setup an SD Swagger-Cesaro match and maybe a PPV RVD-Cesaro one. And then the show just ended with Bray singing to Cena. Weird.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/04/wwe-raw-4-21-14.html

Screens -

cb2218322165301.jpg

22c330322165305.jpg

f84071322168151.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/t4f1i7ezhc3ix28w5cb540nssr0wkwod

I feel like Wyatt needs to find a new song to sing. 

Maybe Dark Horse by Katy Perry or something by Pitbull. I dunno. I'm getting kinda sick of "Whole World in his Hands"

It's probably hard to find a good creepy free public domain song to sing.

Cesaro's theme was garbage. It sounded like some of that generic BS you'd give a create-A-wrestler in RAW vs. SD!

Also, Ryback telling stories on commentary was tons of fun. DA BIG GUY is hilarious.

Oh and Paige is great. She makes the title look legitimate. I mean she had a halfway decent match with Aksana. That's something.

• Like 1

Not sure what it is a stretcher or ambulance that makes Brie Bella not give two fucks about what is going with Bryan.  Showed tons of emotions and spirit in the beginning during entrance and then nothing

Obvious explanation: She can show real emotion (like enthusiasm for her husband) well, but sucks at acting, so saddened/frightened/grieving for the worked beatdown, not so much.

• Like 1

RVD is the worst. I never ever want to see him again. I never wanted to see him again after his last run but tonight just solidified it. I have no idea how you can have a bad match with Cesaro at this point but he did. Seeing Bryan come out with his eyes all red and puffy was heartbreaking but that was an amazing segment to write him out for a bit. Kane and Show have to be bookers' dreams; they can make them look inept, ridiculous, silly, and stupid every week for months or years but then in one segment they're monsters again. Kane as Steph's monster that not even she can control is a great way of using him. The only thing of note Paige has done on the main roster in 3 weeks is that knee to Aksana's nose, the only thing I think when she comes out is that she's a real low-rent version of MsChif and I'd rather see her instead. Hopefully Barrett takes the IC title. All RVD is good for at this point is his sell of the Bull Hammer which is surely going to be absurd.

• Like 2

I realize at this point Kane's character goes under massive revisions that completely bend logic and reason several times a year, but for some reason him going from being completely dominated by the Shield and not looking particularly strong as of late to suddenly being some unstoppable monster who totally squashed Bryan just didn't come off that well to me this time around.

RVD came within inches of eating a Ganso Bomb there.

• Like 1

Was it just me, or was that whole RVD/Cesaro match pretty off?  Not just the wrestling, but the camera was cutting away at weird times and, at least in Canada, they cut off heyman's promo walking down, brought it back, then cut it off again.  Plus, that ending...did the ref think that Cesaro just got tired and took a nap?  "Huh, he fell down...guess I better count as quick as I can".

On the other hand, Barrett/Sheamus was pretty good.  Loved the ending with the Bullhammer from the outside. 

• Like 1

I realize at this point Kane's character goes under massive revisions that completely bend logic and reason several times a year, but for some reason him going from being completely dominated by the Shield and not looking particularly strong as of late to suddenly being some unstoppable monster who totally squashed Bryan just didn't come off that well to me this time around.

RVD came within inches of eating a Ganso Bomb there.

That was corporate Citizen Kane; he'd gone soft. Steph gave him his mask back and clearly it holds some type of mystical power.

If you can stink working with Cesaro at this point (and click with Orton of all people, back a couple months ago) then something is direly wrong. I understand them wanting to give Barrett a push, give Cesaro a feud, and give Swagger anything to do but we are missing Barrett/Cesaro. That is the new Regal/Finlay and needs to have the trigger pulled before the clock runs out on it.

Wyatt just killed it all night. That promo made me want to join the Family. 

I had no idea what was up with Bryan getting emotional during the promo then found out here. I guess what he did was a method of catharsis through performance art? That's all I can break it down to.

Barrett is so awesome now. I was enjoying the #BNB gimmick, but not really looking forward to him wrestling again on TV/special event and he came back so much better than ever. It feels like he's got legit main event/star potential now.

And I echo those above, RVD's next leave of absence can't come soon enough.