DVDVR Message Board

I Didn't Realize (blank) Was in That Movie/TV Show (a/k/a Worst Titled Thread Ever)

Hooks

Forgive the title, I had no idea how to really phrase it.  Or if other people have the same type of revelations I had today. 

Anyway, I was watching a special on the Biography channel today about Caddyshack (and it was really good, I recommend it if you haven't seen it.) 

And it wasn't until I saw his first talking head segment that I realized the guy who played Danny Noonan, Michael O'Keefe, was the same guy who played Fred on Roseanne. 

I mean, I love Caddyshack, and I've always been a huge fan of Roseanne, having watched it during it's original run and having seen the reruns zillions of times.  But I never really paid attention to who played Noonan or Fred. 

This might be something that was obvious to everyone else but I never recognized him on Roseanne as being an older Noonan. 

I think I know what he is getting at. Like how long I watched Law and Order Criminal Intent without realizing Goran was Gomer Pyle from Full Metal Jacket. Took me too long to realize that President Palmer from 24 was Cerrano from Major League as well. 

Is this supposed to be different from the Surprising Casting Thread?

I guess my answer would be:

A-I really didn't know exactly where it might fit because it didn't seem like surprise casting, just my ignorance.

B-I didn't look past the first page of the Movies/TV forum.

C-I'm an idiot?

D-All of the above?

A-I really didn't know exactly where it might fit because it didn't seem like surprise casting, just my ignorance.

C-I'm an idiot?

D-All of the above?

It seems like this idea is more "It took me way too long to notice that _____ was in ______" than "I'm surprised ______ was in ______".

Over here we have a channel called CBS Drama that's been rerunning old episodes of Dallas and Knots Landing. Thanks to some of the advertisements for it, I now know that Alec Baldwin was on a couple of seasons of Knots Landing.

I need Knots Landing streaming, now!  I'll settle for reruns, even

I think they've done both shows from the beginning. (We didn't get here until early January, so we've missed most of it.) From what I can see from episode guides, they're on season 11 of Knots Landing and season 13 of Dallas.

J.R. Ewing might be the greatest character in television history.

C-I'm an idiot?

D-All of the above?

It seems like this idea is more "It took me way too long to notice that _____ was in ______" than "I'm surprised ______ was in ______".

Yeah, forget my other answers, THAT'S my answer!

I need Knots Landing streaming, now!  I'll settle for reruns, even

I think they've done both shows from the beginning. (We didn't get here until early January, so we've missed most of it.) From what I can see from episode guides, they're on season 11 of Knots Landing and season 13 of Dallas.

J.R. Ewing might be  was the greatest character in television history.

Fixed that for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZV3365a7Ew

Even though I watch both Mad Men and Community I never realized Alison Brie plays Trudy Campbell on Mad Men until she appeared on Speakeasy. Does that count?

Haley Joel Osment was Forrest Gump Jr. Just noticed it a week ago and was like whoa

Yes.  These are the exact sentiments I meant.  I'm still baffled that Danny Noonan hooked up with Jackie Harris in Lanford, IL.

Haley Joel Osment was Forrest Gump Jr. Just noticed it a week ago and was like whoa

Haley Joel Osment also was the kid who got AIDS from Chuck Norris on Walker Texas Ranger.

Coincidentally I also know this from Speakeasy with Paul F. Tompkins.

Haley Joel Osment also was the kid who got AIDS from Chuck Norris on Walker Texas Ranger.

Wait what this is an episode of Walker Texas Ranger I don't remeber

Wait what this is an episode of Walker Texas Ranger I don't remeber

There was a whole mini-arc where Walker is struck by lightning and becomes a reverse faith healer and just goes around touching people and giving them stuff.

AIDS, Meningitis, Scurvy, the thing that made the guy get thinner in THINNER.  Then he reaches out and touches his own reflection in a mirror and gives himself....

...a second chance...

JK, his reflection roundhouse kicks him in the head and it's fucking on.  MIRROR KICK BATTLE!!!!

• Like 1