DVDVR Message Board

legends house

misanthrope304

There is one more episode in the tank. I am torn between whether I want Legends House to be more Golden Girls or more Real World. One thing that struck me as odd was when Patterson went out of his way to say something along the lines of 'can we talk about wrestling!?'. I am guessing that Vince (or someone) sent a directive to the guys that they can MENTION wrestling here-and-there, but they should mostly stay away from it. Especially any long road stories that might have turned Legend's House into one big shoot interview spanning 12 episodes.

There is one more episode in the tank. I am torn between whether I want Legends House to be more Golden Girls or more Real World. One thing that struck me as odd was when Patterson went out of his way to say something along the lines of 'can we talk about wrestling!?'. I am guessing that Vince (or someone) sent a directive to the guys that they can MENTION wrestling here-and-there, but they should mostly stay away from it. Especially any long road stories that might have turned Legend's House into one big shoot interview spanning 12 episodes.

If only lol

It's 2014. What is Pat Patterson hiding? And from whom? And WHY? Seriously. I can understand not wanting to say anything in the 60-90's, but in 2014...it is WAY MORE acceptable. I can't relate to his battle, as a guy on the other side of the fence, and it just seems like he just needs to say it. NOTHING happened to Darren but massive media coverage and positive press releases from WWE.

In all seriousness...what is the he afraid of in 2014?

Maybe "Walking on eggshells" is insider-talk for, like, ritual child-murder or something.  They edited out Roddy saying "Time is a flat-circle" to signify the start of a black mass led by Jimmy Hart in a plague doctor mask.

I asked Fink some LH questions yesterday at Legends of the Ring. There will be ten episodes with the tenth being a reunion show filmed January in Orlando.

I was very curious about the stuff they did with Adam West since there were even photos taken. He wouldn't say much more than that it won't be used and that "Adam West will not be part of Legends House." I wonder if he really disrespected the wrestlers or something.

-J\/\/

Yeah it's hardly a secret. I mean, JR was making not so subtle gay jokes about Patterson during the stooge era. But then it's one thing for everyone to know, it's a whole other thing for him to actually come out and admit it.

Yeah it's hardly a secret. I mean, JR was making not so subtle gay jokes about Patterson during the stooge era. But then it's one thing for everyone to know, it's a whole other thing for him to actually come out and admit it.

Gorilla was always mentioning that long-time rumored partner of Patterson went to the "Terry Garvin School of Self-Defense" in the late 80's. Plus Bret makes references to how everyone in the locker room knew in the 80's and Holly mentions that Patterson would frequently joke about it backstage.

Yeah, I'm anxious to see how it is presented and how the conversation goes.  Just because, as long as I can remember, I thought it was openly known and that he was out.  I honestly don't know where I drew that from, but I don't really remember not knowing it and assuming it was common knowledge. 

Maybe people are right when they say he's just never publicly talked about it in a forum that was directed at fans.  And as was mentioned before, it seems like the guys are all just knowing what he wants to say but letting him say it in his own way. 

Then again it's reality television so who the hell really knows......

I'm a little confused as to who Jim Duggan was talking about.  He said Vicki but that's not the name of his wife or daughters.

I believe he said he has been married for 23 years. The accident he talked about took place in 1982 while he was working for Watts, so I'm guessing a previous girlfriend or wife.

wow. i checked out the first episode out of morbid curiosity and the 2nd and 3rd due to boredom, but i'll be damned if that didn't end up pretty fucking good by the end. the roast was hilarious (plus had the Iron Sheik!) and the finale, man. wow.

I don't know what WWE is going to do with "Legend's House" after this season, but I have a feeling its only going to go down hill from here. These guys were touching and funny at times. I gained a new appreciation for everyone in the house once everyone cut the gimmicks and started being real. A few things stand out:

-Jimmy Hart is JIMMY HART 24/7. TOO MUCH ENERGY~!

- Tony Atlas has an amazing story and I might check out his autobiography sometime in the near future. Despite all the hardships, he is still around, happily married, and can still produce a hardy laugh. Amazing.

- Gene Okerlund should have had a career in voice over work, game show hosting, etc. I know some people don't like his 'jokes', but Middle America (and myself) love that shit. Are there any stories out there as to WHY the voice over work, game show hosting, radio dj, etc. never came?

- WWE should have released Pat Patterson's "My Way" on WWE's 1980's "Wrestling Album". Hell, put it on itunes today! A Pat Patterson Standards album wouldn't be the worse idea WWE ever had.

Felt a little bad for Fink. Everyone is sharing these heart wrenching tales of loss and woe and he's all "yeah...some kids called me names." Rough spot.

If you'd told me before this started we'd get Pat Patterson singing My Way and that it would be genuinely touching I never would have believed it.

• 2 weeks later...

So even though I really enjoyed Legends House, that "reunion" show was goddamn awful. 

"Hey, everyone was getting along at the end, but let's work it to where there's heat with Tony Atlas again.  And then we'll bring up the same sad stories from the last episode again and hug it out.  The End."

Agreed. The show really got good the last few episodes but that reunion was brutally boring.

One thing I find interesting is that Fink was being razzed for not being a wrestler, but Gene wasn't a wrestler and he didn't get called out like that. Is Fink given a hard time because he is seen more as front office and less "one of the boys"?