DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA Playoffs - Round of 16

Dolfan in NYC

I hope he shits himself.

Better not wish that happen. Way this is going that will happen on court and Monta Ellis will slip on it and tear an acl.  Had to take a couple students today for lessons and scheduled them early. Figured I would rather miss the early game. Bad choice. This reminds me of a Sixers game too much. Thought I was in the clear for this year.

So home teams win 4 of the 5 game 7's so the percetages hold.

Still can't believe Nets survived. Thought the free throw shooting would kill them. Game 3 is Saturday and my brother already texted me to ask me to boo Lebron for him.

Despite all the game 7s and exciting games in the first round, it looks as if every series is going to end with the favored team advancing to the 2nd round (yes, including the Nets over the Raptors).

Out of 4 major professional sports(NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA) in the States, I think basketball is the one with the least about upsets in the playoffs.  The better team usually wins the series.  Its tough to fake it 4 out of 7 on the court.

Edit:
Well, I guess Houston was favored over Portland though.  That one was the closest to a coin flip and coincidentally, it didn't go seven.

Edited by _MJ_

True.  Mostly upset that they went down so hard instead of making it a battle until the last second.  I'm extremely proud of what the team accomplished this year.  There were people that said we weren't even a playoff team, then they were calling "sweep".  At the end of the day I'm pleased with what was done, but being so close yet so far away is frustrating.  I am looking forward to the offseason though.