DVDVR Message Board

Best burials

Doesn't get much harsher than this.

Oh, Spirit Squad...I'll never figure out the purpose of throwing them into the main event. 

Not long after, there was this: 

Related, though not necessarily having anything to do with Spirit Squad or Mike Knox, boy did I hate '06 DX. 

• Like 1

When Vince bought WOW and called out all the guys he didn't like during the simulcast. That was great.

Especially when the crowd cheered the guys he expected them to boo.

...and cheered with an extra dollop of gusto for Buff Bagwell. We all know what abomination resulted therefrom.

Actually Benoit burial was against 'The One' Billy Gunn at Armageddon 2000. Benoit didn't actively eat his lunch, but Ross/Lawler buried Gunn for his earrings and then for getting gassed early on. Benoit dominates and it's more or less an extended squash, but Gunn is puffed after 3 minutes and so Benoit just does what he can with him really.

The Rock when he beat The Dudleys in a handicap match. Not because it's actually a burial but because people still believe Triple H blindsiding Londrick is somehow worse than The Rock actually defeating the tag champions by himself.

People see London/Kendrick as worse because they wanted more for those guys, whereas I don't think anyone wanted to see the Dudleys pushed harder and they had accomplished enough so it didn't feel like their momentum was being halted.

Lawler vs Taz at a summerslam.

Both got buried.

Taz no sells the piledrivers.

It takes ross and a sweetie jar to beat taz.

I think Austin beating the shit out of Tazz for weeks during the InVasion angle killed his career a lot more.  Austin murdered him so badly, he actually apologized for it later on his podcast.

Lawler vs Taz at a summerslam.

Both got buried.

Taz no sells the piledrivers.

It takes ross and a sweetie jar to beat taz.

I think Austin beating the shit out of Tazz for weeks during the InVasion angle killed his career a lot more.  Austin murdered him so badly, he actually apologized for it later on his podcast.

Austin was a bigger dick than he needed to be against guys like Tajiri, Spike and Tazz.

Tazz and Spike got a good rub later on by being the ones to take down the Dudleys; Tazz was back on commentary and still works today so it wasn't really a disaster for him, and Spike was a novelty act.

Tajiri and Torrie could have been a much bigger act though.

Re: Palumbo/OHaire v. Buff/Luger: Buff and Luger didn't want to lose, and for once bitching and complaining didn't get a WCW finish changed. So they cut the match short in the ring because they didn't want to be there. That's pretty much all it was.

The Rock when he beat The Dudleys in a handicap match. Not because it's actually a burial but because people still believe Triple H blindsiding Londrick is somehow worse than The Rock actually defeating the tag champions by himself.

People see London/Kendrick as worse because they wanted more for those guys, whereas I don't think anyone wanted to see the Dudleys pushed harder and they had accomplished enough so it didn't feel like their momentum was being halted.

They held the titles for a year and had a bunch of fun little spotfests...  that was their ceiling. They loved to flip and smoke weed. Nothing wrong with that. People acting like they could have been so much more....  nah. I don't see it.

I don't know if this counts, but 911 was such a big deal in ECW, and they even did an article in one of the Apter mags about how he wanted to wrestle The Giant.  Then he came in WCW once as Big Al and The Giant beat him in seconds.

They held the titles for a year and had a bunch of fun little spotfests...  that was their ceiling. They loved to flip and smoke weed. Nothing wrong with that. People acting like they could have been so much more....  nah. I don't see it.

It felt like there were some deluded fans who thought that Kendrick could be what Daniel Bryan is now, but those people would be all for pushing any random little flippy dude over HHH.

911 was one of Heyman's greatest illusions. He was great in his role as the monster who would come in and throw out a chokeslam and leave. But he really wasn't all that big size wise compared to a lot of guys in the WCW, which took away his mystique. He also couldn't work a lick.

The Public Enemy might have been Heyman's greatest trick. They were just as important (and maybe more so) as Shane Douglas and Sabu and Terry Funk and Cactus Jack in helping ECW enter the national consciousness in 1994 and 95. But as soon as they left the confines of the Arena, they tanked. And they tanked so bad that they couldn't even get a hero's welcome coming back to ECW. The veil got lifted.

It felt like there were some deluded fans who thought that Kendrick could be what Daniel Bryan is now, but those people would be all for pushing any random little flippy dude over HHH.

London/Kendrick and HHH were all babyfaces at the time, and HHH squashed them for no reason.