DVDVR Message Board

Best burials

I wouldn't say WWE needs Punk but he wouldn't hurt them if he came back. They have plenty of guys coming up that could benefit from working with (a motivated) CM Punk. I think a year or so off before he comes back would be good for both sides, he'd be rested and healed (and hopefully motivated) and the card should be a bit different looking with The Shield and Wyatts even more established, Cesaro's push, maybe Big E getting more shine, Bo Dallas if he pans out, Sami should be called up by then so there'd be more fresh things for him to do, plus I don't recall him having extended programs with guys like Sheamus or Cody Rhodes.

WWE doesn't need Punk on a weekly basis to create compelling storylines. However, the character is worth millions to the WWE while Punk himself is only seeing a small percentage of that. That's why he's been treated with kids gloves.

That's a big reason why Punk isn't being buried on TV.

According to Meltzer, every time someone says something about guys who "want to be there", "didn't quit" or some variation of the taking the ball home line, it's a dig at CM Punk. Example: Triple H telling Bryan that he "stuck it out", etc..

Right, but those are little digs with no names mentioned. Not a pre taped "Bret screwed Bret" bit or midget in a Punk outfit type deal.

Vince McMahon interrupting a Rhino match and telling Rhino to get the hell out-of-the-ring has to be in the list. How embarrassing. This was at a house show no-less.

This reminded me of Austin coming out to lead "boring" chants during Lance Storm matches.

Vince McMahon interrupting a Rhino match and telling Rhino to get the hell out-of-the-ring has to be in the list. How embarrassing. This was at a house show no-less.

This reminded me of Austin coming out to lead "boring" chants during Lance Storm matches.

Austin was a huge fan of the DVDVR 500.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this belongs here. "You aren't strong enough to push this over."

To be honest, the first time I saw the Funkosaurus, I thought "What did Brodus DO to have them bury him right off the bat?"

Seriously, going from an NXT wrecking machine to a jumpsuit-wearing "dancer".

I thought the same thing when Albert joined him in Tons of Funk. Jesus.

I think this belongs here. "You aren't strong enough to push this over."

To be honest, the first time I saw the Funkosaurus, I thought "What did Brodus DO to have them bury him right off the bat?"

Seriously, going from an NXT wrecking machine to a jumpsuit-wearing "dancer".

I thought the same thing when Albert joined him in Tons of Funk. Jesus.

They hardly buried him though - he was undefeated for a good while, had lots of TV time and would have been pushed if he could handle it; but he couldn't so he wasn't.

Tensai being in Tons of Funk wasn't a good spot, but it was a spot for a guy on the way out, better than what he was doing, and now he has a chance to do something on commentary. It's pretty funny that they've finally given him a sensible name now that he's semi-retired.

Funky Brodus wasn't a burial at all. For awhile there he was being pushed hard, they included him in the new wrestling buddies toy line, gave him that mania deal with the dancing Mamas, put him in the Scooby Doo movie, etcetera. Something must have happened for the eventual depush and being sent back down to NXT.

Echoing what others have said, the Funkasaurus wasn't a burial. Think about it. Brodus is, I think we can agree, not very good in the ring. Trying to pull off "monster heel" over a period when the company had Henry, Show, Kane, Lesnar...Brodus just wouldn't have been able to hack it. Instead, he spent two years on the main roster.

Now, I think it IS fair to argue that in the long-term, the Funkasaurus will have been a detriment to Brodus learning what he needed to to STAY on the roster, (though if he can't ever make it, that was a year or more of decent paydays he wouldn't have gotten otherwise.)

I'm not actually saying Brodusasaurus was a burial. I'm just saying that was my first reaction to his debut (before he got into the ring).

The same with Albert. Tenzai the wrecking machine and now wearing a jumpsuit and "dancing".

But then again, I hate pretty much ANY dancing gimmick. With the exception of Alex Wright. :)